1 - 20 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
That brake mount is weird.

·
well mannered lout
3,152 Posts
I've followed some of Brant's news since the Shedfire launch. The brake mount between the stays is a hot idea as is that semi-bridgeless chainstay bit. I'd like to see a replaceable hanger but who am I, right ? Every move is critiqued,and most questions anwsered by Brant at singletrackworld .

·
well mannered lout
3,152 Posts
brant said:
Cool.

Here's a video I shot yesterday on my driveway, going over some of the frame's features.

This same geometry also comes in 7046 alloy, and ti.

Wasn't sure you'd drop by. Any info on US distribution for Shedfire? (not that I'm ready to drop my summer season yet, I love that bike)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The Summer Season was my first foray into playing around with slack head angles on hardtails. This model has a 67.5deg head angle with a 140mm fork at ride height, but also has a steeper seat angle and shorter rear stays. Makes it a bit more woodsy at the back, but works well for high speed/steep at the front.

US Distribution will probably be dealer direct, via Hotlines in the UK.

·
well mannered lout
3,152 Posts
Not sure the SS would climb neatly with shorter stays. I'm also of the opinion that you should never paint any of your steel bikes from now on, or if you have to paint them, keep 'em flat- bbq pit- black. The raw look is admired by everyone who's seen mine. Just 2cents worth. peace K.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Dammit all, Brant! I just got my Inbred 456 from the spring fully built, and you had to go and change all the rules. Now that one goes in the dustbin, and I start saving for a Blue Pig.

·
Registered
520 Posts
just missed out on an 18" skwoosh.

Any coming with the mmmBop shipment, Brant? :)

and the AUS dollar is getting stronger, perfect timing. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brant, you have a sick twisted mind! And you need to stay in and watch tv or something...I already have enough bikes and now with this the boss is complaining!!!!
Ragley Blue Pig 2009, 650b wheelset, slx/xt, 29er reba 120mm maxle...currently bombing around central BC as fast or faster than my other fs bikes. Sometimes, more is less and less is more...keep that Yorkshire mind twisted (and produce a dedicated single speed AM pig). :devil:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
njsmith said:
Brant, you have a sick twisted mind! And you need to stay in and watch tv or something...I already have enough bikes and now with this the boss is complaining!!!!
Ragley Blue Pig 2009, 650b wheelset, slx/xt, 29er reba 120mm maxle...currently bombing around central BC as fast or faster than my other fs bikes. Sometimes, more is less and less is more...keep that Yorkshire mind twisted (and produce a dedicated single speed AM pig). :devil:

Pics needed!

Please email to [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
As requested...but no action shots (poor camera work!)

I've posted this before...but without sounding like a cool-aid freak, this really is a superb bike. I've a Ventana El Rey (120mm Reba and 5' links on the back) and an ever-so slightly too small On-one Inbred both converted to 650b but here in B.C. this new Ragley really is brilliant. I have to admit that I ride with some insanely good riders on 26ers (check out the web for the Kamloops Full Boar challenge and bike shop...these guys are crazy/nuts/fun) but this thing with 650b wheels really flatters a rider and allows full-suspension madness without the hassle.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL...sitting here with beer and munchie I just remembered the Ragley logo - 'We love bikes like a fat kid loves cakes'. I miss the UK humour...was also watching the Bo-Selecta Michael Jackson tribute ....Chamon, MoFo you lightly square man!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice ride! I've got a Black 18" Pig on the way. CRC was sold out of the Skwosh so went with black. Looks like an awesome bike and can't wait to build mine up. Any idea what the final weight of yours is?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mmmm...I'd say 'quite heavy'! I used to ride lighter bikes but at 200lb fully kitted with hydration pack, a too lightly kitted bike breaks quickly if you ride what this is designed for.
The frame's alittle heavy if you're used to Al or Ti (but you can always buy one of the other Ragleys....No commission needed, Mr B!). I also keep busting up light wheelsets so I've gone alittle heavier with the chunky Kendas and 20mm TA fork which has added a lb or two but is so worth it. I haven't weighed the total build (and probably won't) but I'd be surprised if it's much under 30lbs.
For what it's worth, I used to be of the lighter is better attitude. Yes, going up hill it does make a difference but when you're on the way down (which if we're honest is what this bike is all about), the weight actually helps alot as it lets the fork do what it's supposed to. Oh, and this is the first time I've ridden with so much sag in the fork (at least 30%) and it really does work - the fork dive on steep descents isn't too much of a bummer either as you're already well into the travel and HA stays pretty slack. I didn't even put the poploc on so it's wide open everywhere....on the steep ups I've learnt to adjust the upper body to compensate for the bobbing and alot of the time have even started to stand and mash the cranks like a single-speed (thus the comments earlier about having a dedicated SS AM frame).

·
MTBR Member
33 Posts
Sweet build.

Nice Ragley! I just got mine in black from CRC., waiting on a saddle and grips. After spending the past two seasons on a 5" squish, I suspect my body is gonna get abused.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Ok, I have the frame. It's faced, and I've fitted all the bits I can so far. But I've been waiting forever for the headset and stem to arrive. It's driving me crazy! :madman:

1 - 20 of 921 Posts