Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks awesome and I'm a big fan of the shop. I hear Mondays are the night. I've also heard its maybe not the best for a noob to PT. but its just down the street from work so super convenient for me.

I was gonna put flats on my SantaCruz Blur and tighten up the shock. Best I got for a first try...

any thoughts? much appreciated.

ps: yes, I am a follower :)

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
I was out there watching a few weeks ago on a Monday, and I've agreed to go again this next Monday. It's a fun time, even just watching. (I'm far from brave/ready to try it myself just yet. I'll go in the middle of the day, when nobody can witness me eating dirt and cinderblock...)

I did watch a newbie go from all over the place and incapable of completing a lap, to knocking it out as the night wore on.

I can't believe how fast the regulars ride that thing. :thumbsup:

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LDB - spot on advice, man. thanks for the push. hope to see ya there.

D - very cool to hear of a comparable rider's progression. hope to see ya there.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I'm hoping to make it this Monday as well. Been wayyy busy at work though...

·
Two wheels are better
193 Posts
If I can ride it, anyone can get the hang of it. Sucks I gotta miss this Monday though...

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Right after the shop closes and the sun lets up a bit. Probably be some guys doing maint. before that, takes a lot of prep to get the dirt tacky and patch holes....

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
C'mon out Cholla, you'll dig it. True it can be a little tricky to ride at speed but only one way to learn.....

I should be out there doin the regular Monday night thing. Missed last week with pneumonia, BLEH. But all better now....sort of

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
schedulez with the missus have been coordinated, i have spent the last 3 hrs doing laundry, shopping for curtains, and sewing -- this is the currency in my house! thanks all y'all for the encouragement, it will be good to have some friends out there to show me the way! cool to have something to get psyched about on a Monday :thumbsup:

·
"Lurkers R us"
339 Posts
It's a good time Chollaball, I'm sure you'll like it. After a few times around the track you'll get the hang of it.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
holy cow that was fun! lots of good folks, very supportive and very friendly. thanks Eabos and DooDoo for letting me ride your bikes. was making it round without pedaling reasonably well. glad i wore my arm pads cause i scraped the wall.

·
Shred...it's the new drug
3,844 Posts
Nice cholla!!! you'll get it sooner than later!

Had a great night for our first time out there. The tracks a little tall for my little one but he got along just fine. Someday he'll be one of those kids on a 20" sending it. Here's a video I got of him before he sprayed burkhart in the head with the hose and had to leave:)
Thanks RAGE for the ripping track! See you next Monday!

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
Definitely a Monday night tradition. I may actually even ride it soon, once I cut my teeth over at McDowell Pump Track. :D

Great time. Watching the tiny dude made me ovulate all night! SO cute. Raise 'im up right, LDB! :thumbsup:

Chollaball had it down by his second or third lap. He's being humble. :)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
latedropbob said:
Thanks RAGE for the ripping track! See you next Monday!
+1

Very cool seeing your little ripper, Bob. He get's my vote for most impressive rider of the night. :thumbsup:

Hope to make more sessions. Fun crew, fun riding.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts