Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using to transport your steed? Yakima is my personal fav, but I'm not sure it's going to fit w/ my current config due to the Nomad's *****in frame. I drive a tundra, so I'm looking for something off the hitch.

The bike was built up last week and I think I'm in love... A mix of new parts and others pulled off my Heckler.

XL Liquid Blue
Fox Van 36
DHX Coil
XTR drivetrain
Avid Codes (203 mm)
DT Swiss wheetset
CK headset
Thomson post/stem
Azonic bars
Ouri Lock ons
Shimano Pedals
WTB tires

Attachments

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far it's been great...

Due to a vacation this past week, I wasn't able to ride it :madman: but on the initial ride, I noticed the climbing has been a lot better than I anticipated. It's about 3 lb's heavier, but you wouldn't know it. I took off the 2.5 Kenda's and put on some lighter tires and that made a nice difference as well. I'll be able to give a more accurate report after I get some hours and miles in the saddle. Thanks for the compliment. I am digging the bike!:thumbsup:

·
one more time
539 Posts
Nice rig gobike!! - how do you like those code brakes?

I use the Saris bones rack - very sturdy and the arms are height adjustable so its fits the nomads sloping top tube well.

Ive been using it for a couple of years with the blur and the nomad on about 4 different cars including an SUV. Never had any problems.

Check it out -

http://www.saris.com/p-175-bones-3-bike.aspx

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
hey, nice looking bike; what color is that-is it anno or powder; I'm looking for a new paint job. Like they said, the Thule T2 is the way to fly if you can swing it; the best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anybody that have some good experience with a roof mounted rack for the Nomad?
I have Thuke Velovise pro, works fine for my SC Super light and my roadbike but the Nomad is way too heavy for this rack.

I have a Marz. 66 up front with the 20mm axle, so a solution where you do not need to take off the front wheel would be nice.

I live in Sweden but I'm off to US next week and perhaps I can get hold of a good rack solution when I'm there.

Appreciate any experience you could share!
Hakan

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Liquid Ble

Turtle 1 said:
hey, nice looking bike; what color is that-is it anno or powder; I'm looking for a new paint job. Like they said, the Thule T2 is the way to fly if you can swing it; the best.
Liquid Blue...:D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
T2.......
Plus you can stare at your bike in the mirror for miles:)
Most XL frames look huge and just wrong, but I have to say the Nomad is just plain sweet in a XL. Nice build.

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nagaredama said:
How tall are you? I've eyeing an XL Nomad and I am 6'5".
6'2"

I'm right on the edge of a L/XL, but I've always ridden the XL and am comfortable w/ that size

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.