Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
703 Posts
Nano or IRC

If only one, then the Nano's would be it. They just flat-out roll faster than anything I've tried. The Bonty Jones are light, yes, but I feel like I'm dragging a trail-a-bike on hardpack. The IRC's, both Mythos and Notos, are goo too, but a bit heavier than the Nano and not quite as fast - more bite though.

The narrower options, like the Vapors, IRC slicks, and Panaracer Smokes, just don't hold enough air for my 220lbs. I'm anxious to try the Exiwolf's though also, on the opposite end of the air volume spectrum.

I have a set of Ignitors, but haven't yet mounted them. After one ride on the dos 9 with the Jones though, they are getting mounted this week.

D

703 Posts
Nano

If only one, then the Nano's would be it. They just flat-out roll faster than anything I've tried. The Bonty Jones are light, yes, but I feel like I'm dragging a trail-a-bike on hardpack. The IRC's, both Mythos and Notos, are goo too, but a bit heavier than the Nano and not quite as fast - more bite though.

The narrower options, like the Vapors, IRC slicks, and Panaracer Smokes, just don't hold enough air for my 220lbs. I'm anxious to try the Exiwolf's though also, on the opposite end of the air volume spectrum.

I have a set of Ignitors, but haven't yet mounted them. After one ride on the dos 9 with the Jones though, they are getting mounted this week.

D

·
Only dead people are old
699 Posts
MichiganClydesdale said:

D
I think it really depends on the terrain you ride or intend to ride. I feel just the opposite - that the Nanos are like a boat anchor, whereas the IRC Notos are fastest (but really, really suck in wet conditions) and the IRC Mythos & Bonti-Jones ACX are a very close second. I hear a lot of people talk about how fast the Nanos are, but I feel like such a slug with those tires and dislike them in anything technical. I run them anyway for an everyday-go anywhere tire.

I'm very interested in hearing about the Ignitors from those that have ridden them enough to let us know how fast they are in comparison to other tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.