Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be racing on a course of loose crusher dust ups and sandy, rooty and a little muddy downs. I am thinking of running a block 8 rear. Anyone have any suggestions of a good compliment up front?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Racing ralph and mud doesn't go in same line :) RR is great tire, but even 2008 model is far from good on wet, so I wouldn't recomend it for wet. For everything else, it's tyre I'm not changing it for anything else. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...I was considering the sb8 in the front but was concerned about traction (maybe unecessarily so). The Karma looks like it would work.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I used to run SB8 in back and Karma up front. Never really likes the Karmas in front. They struggled for me on long fast sweeping turns.

My new setup is SB8 in the back and Crossmark in front, which I like much better.

I will try RR next time.

Note that this feedback is from Texas trails, never muddy (We don't ride muddy trails), mostly hardpack with some loose top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.