Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the Test Of Metal on June 14th with my standard Mojo (67km). Ran into another Ibisian with his new Mojo at the starting line and we were the only Mojo's in a crowd of 900
I wish I would have worn my new Ibis jersey, we could have looked like a team!.:D
The bike performed perfectly (except for my shot Fox 32, needs new crown & upper legs:madman: ) It is a great bike for marathons and I would recommend it for any race. I could challenge anything that came up and if I wasn't staying with my GF to make sure she was ok for her first ever MTB race, I could have won my class. I will use my SL next year to challenge for top spot hopefully, and I hope to see other Mojo's in the crowd. The race is incredible and will be held in Squamish BC on June 13, 2009, registration on Jan 1 at 6pm.

Has anyone else raced with their Mojo?, and if so, tell us your opinion about this awesome bike!:thumbsup:

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
That's a killer course. But it's no longer just a test of metal now.

This is more proof that the Mojo is better than electroshock therapy!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I will do the 24H of Adrenalin in Canmore, on July 26, on my beefy Aggro Mojo SL:
- 26 pounds
- RS Pike
(team of 5, just for fun...)

That bike can take anything!

Last year I was racing my 33 (?) pound Reign. So, I guess it'll be better... :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
I raced my All Mountain built Mojo SL (27LBS) (Fox Talas 36 & DHX) in Idyllwild this past April and I have no complaints. On each lap of the course I passed 6 to 8 riders on much liter bikes. As I was prepping for the race someone yelled, "Mojo that's an unfair advantage". Yes, the Mojo is a great handling bike on the race course or on the trail!!

·
Has a cycling disorder
536 Posts
I raced my Mojo at a 24hr in Rotorua (racing pairs) and the Karapoti Classic (a very hard 50km) the following weekend. Mojo performed brilliantly... I however could have been better :)
I'll be doing all my racing this season on it (100+km races mainly)

The Mojo is pretty much my do anything bike - race, train and often commute (with added ST for the fun factor). I sold my other race bike as a result.

Just waiting to bite on a tranny so I can try my hand at a few SS races

Fish

·
Registered
27 Posts
I raced my 22.5 pound Mojo at a local CCCX cross country race in the pro class and won by 5 min. Most of the other pros had 21-24 pound hard tales. I felt like I was really at an advantage with the full suspension and light weight.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ro.nin said:
I will do the 24H of Adrenalin in Canmore, on July 26, on my beefy Aggro Mojo SL:
- 26 pounds
- RS Pike
(team of 5, just for fun...)

That bike can take anything!

Last year I was racing my 33 (?) pound Reign. So, I guess it'll be better... :D
Sweet, I'll see you there! I'll be on my SL.
I'm on a co-ed 5 person team for that event. It should be cool with the world solo championships happening too.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
shane said:
I raced my 22.5 pound Mojo at a local CCCX cross country race in the pro class and won by 5 min. Most of the other pros had 21-24 pound hard tales. I felt like I was really at an advantage with the full suspension and light weight.
Nice work! I agree, suspension definitely gives you an advantage. More traction, less fatigue. What else can you ask for?!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
ibisrox said:
Sweet, I'll see you there! I'll be on my SL.
I'm on a co-ed 5 person team for that event. It should be cool with the world solo championships happening too.
The event is cool... dunno about the soloists tho. There's 200 of them. Means you'll have almost 200 slow people on the course at any point... hee heeeee.

It's a blast!

·
Registered
63 Posts
2008 xc racing mojo sl- wtf

Vision Quest - top 10 (many flat tires...)
Nova Desert Classic Marathon 1st place (expert men)
Julian Death Ride (2nd overall)
Idyllwild Spring Challenge 1st place (Expert men)
The Traverse (4th overall - manitou minute died)
The Mojo SL frame has ridden flawlessly. I would say an improvement over the Ellsworth Truth. Sadly I am having serious problems with the lightweight Manitou Minute fork (loss of travel, oil leaking...). I am experimenting with a Fox fork now. Also the stan's 355's are unexpectantly difficult to keep tires on the rim when using non UST tires. I would like to hear what tires other Stan's 355 users are having success with.

c Clothing Bicycle frame Helmet Bicycle helmet Bicycle wheel

Mid-Mountain Trail PC

·
flow where ever you go
1,528 Posts
DDS, great job racing the Mojo!

I run Stans 355 rims. I have not had any problems blowing tires off the 355 rim like I did on my Olympic rims, but that may be due to improved tire choices and better technique in setting them up. So FWIW:

Kenda Karmas and SB8s work for me. Karmas take me a long time to set up (stubborn leakers), but then work well.

All Continental tire tires work well as long is it is a "Protection" version.

The easiest tire I've installed was a Tioga DH tire. I doubt it needs stans. It sticks to the 355 rim like glue just airing it up with a hand pump. But it's way too heavy for your use.

• If a tire does blow off the rim, consider the bead broken and don't use it again.
  • First install the tire with a tube and let it sit for hours or over night.
  • Be generous with the Stans Goo for the first set up.
  • My blow offs always occured before the tire was installed or in the first mile or so of riding, so I try to keep the first ride on soft ground.

·
When can I ride?
62 Posts
Been racing XC this year, with some top 5s in the local races. I upgraded my original mojo SX with new XT wheels and python tubeless ready tires, set back seatpost, and flat carbon bar. Not feathery, but weighs about the same as my old hardtail.

I'm signed up to do transrockies in August. I'll open up the pro-pedal a little bit for the added comfort. Can't wait.

My only complaint has been a chain suck problem. I'm still trying to work that one out, bent a chain in one race, but still finished.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
FastDDS said:
The Mojo SL frame has ridden flawlessly. I would say an improvement over the Ellsworth Truth. Sadly I am having serious problems with the lightweight Manitou Minute fork (loss of travel, oil leaking...). I am experimenting with a Fox fork now. Also the stan's 355's are unexpectantly difficult to keep tires on the rim when using non UST tires.
is that a 100mm travel fork? how is that feeling on the bike?

mx

·
Registered
63 Posts
this is a fox100mm RLC. It was all I could get my hands on while the Manitou was out of service. Obviously the travel is not even with the rear and the angles are different, but the Minute MRD was working so poorly, that the 100mm fox felt great in comparison. The bike steered fine.
I have a 140 fox ordered but I think I would be happy with a 120mm

·
You know my steez...
903 Posts
FastDDS said:
The Mojo SL frame has ridden flawlessly. I would say an improvement over the Ellsworth Truth. Sadly I am having serious problems with the lightweight Manitou Minute fork (loss of travel, oil leaking...). I am experimenting with a Fox fork now. Also the stan's 355's are unexpectantly difficult to keep tires on the rim when using non UST tires. I would like to hear what tires other Stan's 355 users are having success with.

c View attachment 370802
Mid-Mountain Trail PC
YOU are a RACER.
That picture says it all. Great shot and great results! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Stans Olympics

I had problems with rolling maxis tires of stans olympics but they were the kevlar beaded ones that were not recommended. I even rolled a crossmark exception of when running with a tube. I hit a small bump at the bottom of a g-out gully.
I now run wire crossmarks with no probs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.