Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Burger said:
Has anyone used the 2.1's as a rear tire? How's the grip? I'm concerned with climbing traction mostly and possibly rolling resistance, conditions could be a little slick and the Karma's I've been using pack up pretty quickly and spin when going uphill though it is awesome as a front tire on hardpack.
Rolling resistance is super low. This tire only is good for very arid climates, slight moisture and this tire begins to suck. It is phenomenal in the dry, though.

_MK

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
For dry conditions it is one of the best I've used, front and rear.

For muddy conditions it isn't. I've used Racing Ralphs, Specialzed Dirt Controls, IRC Mythos, and Panaracer Trailblasters pretty much in the recent past.

In mud the Trailblasters were the best of that limited bunch, with the Mythos a pretty close second, but the Racing Ralphs and the Dirt Controls were not good mud tires.

On the dry, I've been very happy with the RR's, so much so I'm kicking myself now for not getting 3 or 4 more pairs when they were on E-Bay. I'd pick the RR's, then the Mythos, then the Specialzed, then the trailblasters for normal riding.

When it's dry the RR's are predictable and hook up nicely. It seems like after a while the tire got a bit bigger though, like it was streching a bit after being put on. Only noticed at first, and made a nice rolling tire, but a weird thing to see/feel coming from other tires that never did that.

JmZ

Burger said:
Has anyone used the 2.1's as a rear tire? How's the grip? I'm concerned with climbing traction mostly and possibly rolling resistance, conditions could be a little slick and the Karma's I've been using pack up pretty quickly and spin when going uphill though it is awesome as a front tire on hardpack.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
isn't nevegal THE rear tire, not BG?

_MK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.