Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not rich by any means but I was able to purchase a '13 Rumblefish as the bike I thought would satisfy nearly all of my riding styles. Now I'm signed up for my first ever race next weekend, category 3 entry and only an hour race on simple trails.

I have converted to a 1X10 and plan to run my eggbeaters instead of the shimano saints. I would have liked to get a carbon bar and seatpost by now but might have to wait. Obviuosly a carbon 29er wheelset would be the cat's meow but.... $1,000.....

What do you guys think about racing a Rumblefish? am I mad?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Leave it in the propedal mode and you should be fine. Same frame as the old Superfly 100 AL. Might swap out to faster rolling tires if needed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, should have also said I put on Specialized S-Works Ground Control 2.1's. I like these tires a lot. What is propedal mode?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Flip the lever on the rear shock toward the driveside to access propedal mode (or climb mode if your shock is a CTD).

·
Registered
252 Posts
I raced a rumble fish in cat 3 races and was able to podium a few times. Certainly not a race bike but was not a complete pig.

·
@2whlfun
542 Posts
Is the race this weekend or did you do it already? My first races were on a Cannondale Super V. Run what ya' brung while you are testing the waters. Have fun and learn hiw to warm up properly. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts