Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Trail 6 29er is currently in my price range. I am looking for opinions about this bike. I am planning a racing it on single track races the range from 8-15 miles. My plan is as I get more money this summer I will upgrade it as I go.

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
The Trail 6 is almost the same frame as my 2010 F5 (maybe exactly the same?). A great, light frame to start with, takes upgrades well. I've moved up to an XTR crank, Saint/XTR hubs, larger rotors, hydraulics, etc. The bike keeps getting better with each change. Climbs well, pounds downhill well, corners tight and good clearance for overgrown single-track. You will roll smoother with the largers wheels, but spend a bit more effort to nailing switchbacks. Enjoy!

·
Never trust a fart
4,343 Posts
An entry level bike will have entry level parts that probably won't last more than a few races.

Had a customer that bought a Hardrock. The first year he ended up sinking about $500 in parts/labor to keep his bike going. The following year he stepped up to a F29er 1.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,426 Posts
Get a bike with a lightweight frame designed for Racing, like the Trek Superfly 5 at $1500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts