Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to racing and would like a couple of good starter races to get the feel for things in the racing industry.:) I ride quite a bit, but not recently because of all the friggen snow!!!:madmax:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do all kinds of riding but for the most part cross country or freeride. I'm looking to start with cross country for I'm not to good at freeride:)

·
No no...the OTHER LA.
342 Posts
All you could ever need to know...

http://www.nmcycling.org/calendar.htm

Just filter out anything that says "road" (though I am planning on trying the SF Century) and you're there! First race is one of the easier: Mid April - Socorro NM. Not that ANY race is easy, but...

I did Socorro, Tierres Torture and Pajarito Punishment last year. Each race was fun and extremely painful, with lackluster results on my part. I should be able to improve on them this year. If not, it might be time to hang up my racing pedals.

Stay around this forum. Many of the races are talked about here, both before and after.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, just called up my bro on the socorro races, he goes to college up at new mexico tech. I think that I will try them. How hard is the south baldy hill climb?

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
[quote="Special"ized]I do all kinds of riding but for the most part cross country or freeride. I'm looking to start with cross country for I'm not to good at freeride[/quote]

Thats Ok...neither is Tim. BTW.....ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.