Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering if there are any DH or XC or any other kind of race in the seattle or western washington area?? Even if there just for fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yo, when I lived in Seattle I used to race in the WIM series on weekends and the Wed night bike series at S. SeaTac put on by Stiff Wick. I don't know if they are still going on or not. The WIM series website used to be www.roundandround.com You should find plenty of racing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
For the most part the WIM series has morphed into the Indie Series. There's also a good marathon series in BC and lots of racing in OR. Not sure when the Wed. night will start again. Wick usually starts the series when there's just enough light to finish the 7PM race.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Can you tell us anything more about that Breezley Burn race. The website is quite arguably the least informative site on the entire interweb.

What's the course like? Entry fees? Start Time? Registration?

Nice to know it has a long list of sponsors, but jeez, what about folks who might be driving 3+ hours to get there. Throw us a bone, for chrissakes. ;)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Beezley Burn

The Beezley Burn is one of the smallest of the independent races run in Washington. It exists mostly because of one guy, Jake "the snake" Maedke. The races is in the Beezley Hills and is mostly single track. Its not technical but its bumpy. I think the loop is about eight miles. You can run it on an HT but I think a XC FS bike makes the most sense. The hills are green and full of wild flowers. There are no trees. If you have a kid bring him over because Jake has a kids race. This race easily hands out the most schwag per rider of any race in the state. Hopefull he has a few open-pro riders to make things interesting. Its been a fairly small race, could use a few more riders from the west side.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yo BOB!

red-haze.com said:
Bavarian Bike n Brew, Leavenworth, WA, June 3
http://www.dasradhaus.com/events.html
gonna try to be in shape to race expert/open, SS or fixed (did I just say that????)

check out:
http://www.racecenter.com/aasports/07schedule.htm
http://www.bicyclepaper.com/
bike ON
bob
I will probably do the race at S seatac again this year, should be my first mt bike race on a real MT bike, still a rigid ss though. I'm Adam seen you at Harmonic convergance and barbie camp once, I ride with Kyle, Eon, and Chris who are in the Sea,Kirkland, Redmond area.
I guess I will have to try and make the levenworth race now I know your going to be there. Hopefully I ride expert SS by then also. I tried the seatac race on the cross check fixed last year and it, well was fun but I didn't finish very well, not last but not good either.
Actually Leavenworth is probably as close to me as seatac, since I'm in Sultan, it just seems further cause the mt pass crossing.
I'm on a race team now also--mostly for the upcomming cross season, but I'll be in the pedal dynamics kit for any mt bike races I do once the kits are ready also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.