Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefinedundefined Anyone know of any good races in the area? I'm starting to train for racing and would like to get involved in some of the races in the area, but I'm still fairly new to the area. Obviously I'm just beginning so I'm looking for some amatuer racing but I am game to whatever might come my way. Please let me know if you know of anything out there! Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
borregokid said:
Budu Racing is sponsoring the Westside Series which starts in Feb and runs until May with five races. They will all be at Seatac. Sometime in April the Indieseries should return which will have more racers participating on different courses. Heres a link for the Budu Races

http://www.buduracing.com/
Sweet! Thanks for the info. How much racing do you do, or have you done this a time or two? Is there a pretty good turnout for the events and are there levels for all racers?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
For the Westside Series their will only be one class of racers in different age groups. I havent done the Westside it starts early in the season so the interest isnt quite as great. I am pretty sure it attracts a fairly hardcore group of racers that will ride all year round. Hard to say what the attendance will be but my guess would by 80-120 racers, The guys and gals who run the Westside Series have a big jump on fitness when the Indie Series starts. The Indie Series will have around 275 riders spread across Novice, Sport and Expert classes. Each class has about the same number of riders. Everyone signs up for the class they think they fit best in. I think I raced in about 10 regular races from April until September. There are also some low key weekday races. During the summer on Wednsday Nights there is a race series called the Wednsday World Championships at Seatac. There are no winners or anything you just race and you can quit when ever you want. The promoter counts laps and I think at the end of the year he gives out awards for most laps completed.

Go check Seatac out, its a fun little place. You wont be able to pre-ride the exact-same course because they always change the course but if you ride it enough you get pretty familiar and some of the trails they always use in the same direction.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Washington Race Scene

leddder said:
are these races more cross country oriented or downhill oriented?
All the races at Seatac are pretty much straight XC races. As far as the rest of the races the Indie Series only ran XC races. Two of the courses had long downhill runs of course you had to pedal up first. Freund Canyon has a 1600 foot drop and Greenwater might have been 1000. Both though can easily be done on hardtails. Freund has too many water bars to rip and Greenwater had too many switchbacks.

As far as a Downhill Race Series right now there is nothing in Washington. Hopefully someone steps up and puts something together.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The Indie Series has announced an eight race series starting with a Valentines Race and ending with a race in July. Two of the races sites have yet to be determined. I am guessing maybe Bellingham and Ephrata-Wenatchee might be possiblities for the other two sites.

·
Only dead people are old
699 Posts
borregokid said:
All the races at Seatac are pretty much straight XC races. As far as the rest of the races the Indie Series only ran XC races. Two of the courses had long downhill runs of course you had to pedal up first. Freund Canyon has a 1600 foot drop and Greenwater might have been 1000. Both though can easily be done on hardtails. Freund has too many water bars to rip and Greenwater had too many switchbacks.

As far as a Downhill Race Series right now there is nothing in Washington. Hopefully someone steps up and puts something together.
Round & Round was the one of the few race promoters that ran both XC & DH races, but as we all know Round & Round has essentially died off. Too bad - they were good. This year there is word that they will not even host the diluted WIM Series on the eastside. Apparently they are only putting on their 24-hr race in Spokane which will not have the NORBA Championship attached this year. Also NORBA does not have any major national events in the NW this year which is a downfall on their part. I think NORBA is not worth much anymore and that non-NORBA events will continue to keep racing going. I'm hoping the Indie Series at least starts hitting areas more central.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.