Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anybody know where I can find a local XC race shcedule? I checked out the events link on this site, and they only list the 24hr race in Tahoe. There has to be more going on. I'm itching to do another race. I also tried Googling, but with no usable info.

I was looking for something like the CCCX at Fort Ord kinda events, or anything, really.

·
Medium?
6,724 Posts
Zonic's a roadie

and his list doesn't list the Wednesday night Howarth Park/Annadel Dirt Crit series in Santa Rosa.

http://norcalcycling.com/ridesandraces/hpraces.shtml

You have to show by around 6 to register, and traffic is hell up there. I'd suggest Hwy 12.

I guess I shouldn't give anyone a hard time for being a roadie with the growing pile of roadie parts on my workbench...

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already done a few,,,,

Zonic Man said:
Races

If you are interested in racing, start racing road. The MTB racing in the area sucks.
.... XC races. I just wanna do more. I had a total blast, eventhough I sucked wind.

King George sent me a pretty good list. I'm looking at the Lake Sonoma stuff.

I am building up my roadie. I'm a BB, a trip to Impy's house for a rear wheel, and a set of tires away from having my TCR built up. I'd like to do some road races as well, but crashing on a roadie at 25 MPH in a tight pack scares the bejesus out of me... way more than crashing XC.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
pimpbot said:
I am building up my roadie. I'm a BB, a trip to Impy's house for a rear wheel, and a set of tires away from having my TCR built up. I'd like to do some road races as well, but crashing on a roadie at 25 MPH in a tight pack scares the bejesus out of me... way more than crashing XC.

It is sitting patiently waiting for you.

THere's 12 hours of something (?humbolt) as well coming up.

·
My gloves stink
1,486 Posts
North Bay Stuff

The Billy Cross series at Lake Sonoma is great. Very technical and very difficult, for me anyway. Roughly a 5 mile loop, which you repeat a number of times depending upon what class you're in. All classes and age divisions. Low key, and usually followed by a nice pot luck lunch while they figure the results. http://www.whirljack.net/~billycrossracing/index.php

The Howarth Park Dirt Crits are also cool, but in a completely different way. Very low key, and only $10. The course is about a mile long, the first half all up on a fire road, the second half all down on a single track. Lather, rinse, repeat several times. A couple of brief technical sections. Only 3 classes- junior, intermediate, and advanced. Usually 10-20 people per class. The advanced class is dominated by single-speeders. A great interval workout.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts