Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about due for a trip home to visit the parents back in MD this spring/early summer and I would like to cooridinate it with a local MTB XC race if possible. Can anyone recommend a place to look for a race schedule? or are there any recommendations for a fun race during that time?Thanks.

-R

·
Registered
256 Posts
Michaux PA

santa_cruzer said:
I am about due for a trip home to visit the parents back in MD this spring/early summer and I would like to cooridinate it with a local MTB XC race if possible. Can anyone recommend a place to look for a race schedule? or are there any recommendations for a fun race during that time?Thanks.

-R
Take a look @ http://www.gettysburgbicycle.com/racepage/raceindex.htm

I _love_ these courses. It's a little bit away from the DC metro area but not terrible.

Dave

·
Registered
721 Posts
Definitely not DH

The Michaux races are definitely cross country. I'm not even personally sure where the closest DH races are - I've heard about a series out at Big Bear in PA, but that's several hours away. Maybe Wisp, or something in West Virginia?

·
Psalm 29:11
61 Posts
Local Races

santa_cruzer said:

-R
Here's the most complete list I've found regarding local races in MD/VA/PA:

http://www.mountainbikeracer.com/upcomingraces/list.php

·
The king is on fire
238 Posts
Thats what I thought, I know about all the DH races in the area, I'm actually racing in reading this weekend but I used to ride up there and saw some decent DH areas...I'm surprised nobody has set up a race there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.