Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a X5 with a Pike Team. I am going to put on a Pike Air. This should get the bike under 29lbs with UST 2.3/2.1 Spiders with Stans. The bike is a tank, but in a good way. Of course it doesn't feel as fast as my old Klein Adept or my old Blur (with 5th Air), but the Ventana absolutely kicks their asses when it comes to technical climbing and I'm not worried about breaking it. My wife is offering to let me get a new bike. :cool: I miss that racey feel but I don't miss the back pain that comes from riding successive days and I don't race. I can stiffen up the suspension on the X5, and at my weight of 230lbs I think having my RP3 Pushed would help with pedaling efficiency. I have a hardtail backup bike, a Weyless XP frame which I may build up as a backup bike, and a road bike. I could put the money towards a trip or two to Pisgah or out west. Of course I could put a 4in+ fork (AM SL/upcoming Pike Uturn) on the X5 and add a 4in rocker. What do yo'all think? I'm thinking of seizing the moment if other Clydes have had good luck with their RX100s. I thought about a HH100, but I want to purchase everything through my LBS because of service.

·
Registered
648 Posts
abscar said:
I currently have a X5 with a Pike Team. I am going to put on a Pike Air. This should get the bike under 29lbs with UST 2.3/2.1 Spiders with Stans. The bike is a tank, but in a good way. Of course it doesn't feel as fast as my old Klein Adept or my old Blur (with 5th Air), but the Ventana absolutely kicks their asses when it comes to technical climbing and I'm not worried about breaking it. My wife is offering to let me get a new bike. :cool: I miss that racey feel but I don't miss the back pain that comes from riding successive days and I don't race. I can stiffen up the suspension on the X5, and at my weight of 230lbs I think having my RP3 Pushed would help with pedaling efficiency. I have a hardtail backup bike, a Weyless XP frame which I may build up as a backup bike, and a road bike. I could put the money towards a trip or two to Pisgah or out west. Of course I could put a 4in+ fork (AM SL/upcoming Pike Uturn) on the X5 and add a 4in rocker. What do yo'all think? I'm thinking of seizing the moment if other Clydes have had good luck with their RX100s. I thought about a HH100, but I want to purchase everything through my LBS because of service.
I'm riding 03 RX-80 with 5th air and Fox 80RLT. I weigh 240 in full gear and my RX has not given me any troubles. I mainly ride cross country and don't do over 1 ft drops. I would highly recommend RX100 over RX80 though.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info bro

sungchang said:
I'm riding 03 RX-80 with 5th air and Fox 80RLT. I weigh 240 in full gear and my RX has not given me any troubles. I mainly ride cross country and don't do over 1 ft drops. I would highly recommend RX100 over RX80 though.
I'm thinking AM SL with XT with gold ano

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Depending on what size you ride, there is someone in the other Titus thread thinking about selling his HH100. Your LBS will understand. ;)

I also recco the RX100 or the HH over the rx80 unless you are purely about racing it and are one of these folks that always question if they should be riding a HT instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
call titus

I had a ti racer x made ti fit my body, I told them up front I was 250lbs buck naked, they built the bike with a thicker (tandem) down tube, ti is pricey but it will fit like a glove, and the ti portion of the bike is warrentied for life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.