Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a decent comparison on these 2 bikes? I'm trying to decide between the two. From what I've heard the Rx is less plush than the Flux. I'm using it for trail riding and endurance racing on the east coast with lots of roots. I like plush, so I'm leaning toward the Flux, but I can get a better deal on a Rx.

Thanks for any input.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
IntenseKipp said:
BUMP. I'm curious as well. Anyone ridden the Yeti ASR either?
I'll let you know... My buddy Vizcaino, has had the Flux (dumped it), the ASR-SL (he loves it) and recently got a Racer-X. Another one that he got but sold away was the Intense Spider (the VPP one, sorry but I forgot the acronym).

·
Registered
124 Posts
farmertan said:
Can anyone give me a decent comparison on these 2 bikes? I'm trying to decide between the two. From what I've heard the Rx is less plush than the Flux. I'm using it for trail riding and endurance racing on the east coast with lots of roots. I like plush, so I'm leaning toward the Flux, but I can get a better deal on a Rx.

Thanks for any input.
I just sold my 07 Flux and got a 07 Racer X (see pics on RacerX Data base).

The Flux is a great bike but the horst link on the Racer X makes it a much more stable platform & better climber and has he same amount of travel. Racer X was a little harder to get dialed in but it is one fast motha. RX Handles much quicker, is more responsive & accelerates faster. The RX is less plush when you come off of roots, logs, rocks, etc... you do not get the feel that the travel sags in rear as does the Flux coming off of obstacales. But again the RX does explosively accelerate off of these obstacales.

I plan on using my RX for training primarily and as a back up bike on endurance events. I have a Scott Spark that will be my primary race bike. The RX is very similar and has the same feel as the Spark.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You know I would be tempted to look at the Ibis Mojo SL at 22 pounds and 5.5 of travel it may be exactly what the doctor ordered. Basicly you could just float over the roots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts