Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The frames are at Titus now. If I get a painted or polished frame it'll be shipped this Friday if I wait for anodization (sp?) it won't ship until around May 1. I really wanted a Black Anodized frame but I also wanted my frame at the begning of April. Decision has to be made by tomorrow but right now I'm leaning towards the polished frame because even May 1 is not guaranteed ship date another problem during anodization and it could be THREE MORE MONTHS!

I'd have the polished by next week or the black ano by first week of May... maybe. PC is not an option because I don't want to worry about scratching the paint off the frame. I also don't want the extra PC weight. :D

This is goodish news for people waiting on their Racer X frames at least.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Since you're probably going to have the frame for a while, get what you really want. That way there are no regrets. The polished is real nice though.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polished it is then

I went with the polished. I wouldn't get the anodized frame until after May 15 and I was hoping to race on May 28 with the bike and that would probably literally be my first ride because we have a long weekend on May 21 up here in Canada which is spent at the cottage. Riding sucks around my cottage plus there's usually some work to do because it's the first long weekend of the summer.

I'm saving around $200 and I get my frame next week (probably) and when I was deciding on my bike it was between the polished and black anondized so I don't think I'm going to suffer that much on the colour. A friend has a polished HH100X and I like the way his bike looks even after three years.

I just hope they remember that I want the old style Titus stickers on my bike.

I also ordered a 31.8 ti handlebar from Seven but according to the bikeshop it looks like they sent 25.4 size shims so that's another horrible set back in the building of this bike!

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
I dig the polish.
i have a black ano, and a red PC. My GF has a polished rx, and it looks great for being 4yr old. yes, the scratches show up after a few yrs, but you can buff them out. with ano or PC, you are stuck.

·
Bike Matron
245 Posts
Polished.....Mmmmmmmmmm

Although black ano sounds stealth and a little bit naughty, you'll grow to love your polished frame.

I like my polished 2nd hand frame--all silver and black accents. Looks great (IMO).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Pc

I do not know if the PC finish should be overlooked. Yeah, it probably adds 2-3 oz. but there are many cool choices. If scratches bother you, just have the front section redone whrn it gets bad-then it is like a new bike!

·
Singletrack Mind
157 Posts
I say go with what you lust after

Its tough to wait... but you want to be in love with this thing. When I was ready to buy last year, frames in my size were sold out across the country. I wanted an Ano Blue, but the only one I could get was Ano Grey. I love my bike, but I don't drool over it like I could. Another month wait sounds like hell.... but you want to ride this thing for years, right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
When did you order your blue ano RX100?

nate_m said:
It took almost 5 months to recieve my ano blue 2005 rx100 from titus! But I have to say it was well worth the wait.
Did you order directly from Titus or through your LBS ? I'm very curious when and how you ordered as I am awaiting delivery of a blue ano frame which I ordered through my LBS in mid October (six and one half months and counting).

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
BarkBuster said:
I am awaiting delivery of a blue ano frame which I ordered through my LBS in mid October (six and one half months and counting).
Holy smokes!!! 6.5 months. You sir, are a patient man. Most people are screaming if it takes 2-3 months which i would say is more typical for Titus. Have you checked with your LBS or Titus directly to see what's up? This sounds excessive. Maybe there was a mix up and they sent yours to nate_m. :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep

KRob said:
Holy smokes!!! 6.5 months. You sir, are a patient man. Most people are screaming if it takes 2-3 months which i would say is more typical for Titus. Have you checked with your LBS or Titus directly to see what's up? This sounds excessive. Maybe there was a mix up and they sent yours to nate_m. :mad:
Ordered it from my LBS October 17th.

I've checked with Titus about every three weeks(or a few days past every new estimated delivery date). There have apparently been some production setbacks in the form of damaged frames and hydroform tube cut too short. I can understand problems that are beyond their control and, I feel, have been patient.

Judging from my personal dealings w/Titus and examples of their exemplary customer service I've seen posted on this board, there must be some explanation for out -of -order shipments.

What would really tick me off though, is some arbitrary "good buddy shop" delivery schedule that has no bearing on chronological receipt of my order.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
I have a polished HH. It is a b*tch to keep clean. Like all polished materials, it'll dull with time but you can use a good polish (like Mother's..can buy it from any auto store) and it'll look brand spankin' new. Everytime I polish it up, I get stares from envious riders. I don't think anything beats the look of a freshly polished frame. Of course, I wish I could have other colors as well, but the look I get from other riders let's me know that I made the right choice. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.