Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know if there's a 'less expensive' alternative to the Competitive Cyclist titanium bolt kit for the Racer X? Seems like $125 for 5 bolts is just so steep.

$125 Ti bolt kit link

Doing a quick search I found these two places:
SRP and Pro-Bolt

but I'm unsure of the sizes I would need.

Is there an online retailer for to pickup a whole pivot bolt replacement kit that's not titanium? I mean all the 8 bolts that are holding the rear triangle/shock. I've had problems in the past trying to acquire parts like this for other manufacturers and would love to get some spares if they're reasonably priced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looking at the RX specs and what's available, could someone who ordered confirm this please?

Rear Shock bolt = M8x55 SHCS x1
Front Shock Bolt = M6x45 SHCS x1 (M6 Nylok Nut x1, M6 washer x1)
Horst Bolts = M6x25 FHCS x2
Rocker Bolts = M8x17 BHCS

* 1ea.- Titanium Taper Socket Head M8X55
* 1ea.- Titanium Taper Socket Head M6X45
* 1ea.- Titanium Hex Flange Lock Nut M6X1.0
* 1ea.- Titanium Washer M6 (6-4, grade 5, OD=13.55mm,thickness 0.85)
* 2ea - Titanium Countersunk Screw M6X25
* 4ea.- Honda Ti Rear Disc Rotor Bolt M8x17, shoulder 5mm, 90105-MV9-003

Total: $68.90

Thanks!

Edit: Added links on parts
Edit2: On closer inspection, there are 4 rocker bolts and the countersunk ones are for the rear chainstay

Not sure how the other "kit" is only 5 bolts when there are way more than that. Am I missing something here?

·
parts leftover
997 Posts
The countersunk screws from Racebolts for the horst link have too shallow of a head to adequately torque with a hex wrench. In other words, I returned them because they would have stripped out if I'd tightened them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.