Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have read somwhere that the Switchblade rides the same as a Racer X in the 3.7" setting.
Is this true ?
If I want to feel what a racer X rides like can I put my SB in the lowest setting and put my 80 mm duke on the front ?
thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
No.
I had a 2001 SB, the new ones have a steeper head angle so it MAY be closer.
The RX (HH in my case) feels "shorter" and the steering is MUCH quicker.
My SB in 80mm/3.75" was still "plush" compared to the HH, and the SB also pedals "mushy" compared to the HH.
The SB floats over stuff and is very stable, on the HH I kinda run into stuff and it eats it up.

The HH is the best ride I've been on, it is THE cure for newbikeitus.

I really saw nothing similar other than the Titus headtube badge and the derailluer hangar.

DH_WP said:
Hi I have read somwhere that the Switchblade rides the same as a Racer X in the 3.7" setting.
Is this true ?
If I want to feel what a racer X rides like can I put my SB in the lowest setting and put my 80 mm duke on the front ?
thanks

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
Noticeably quicker in the 80mm/3.+ setting than 100mm/4.+

Not the same as my HH was, but not that far off

No need to worry about a mushy back end either (as mentioned by JsR) - your new SB is going to come with some version of a platform shock. I've got a PUSHed fox for the standard rockers and standard Pro Pedal for the 5.25 rockers. Both are humongous improvement over the non-platform fox. The Pushed fox at the 80mm/3.+ setting pedals firmer than my HH (no platform) ever did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.