Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Freakin Mountainbiker"
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved a new Swingarm for my 2008 Racer X. The old Swingarm had threaded sleaves welded to the horstlink for the pivot bolts. The New Swingarm doesn't include theses sleaves. Can I use a regular locknut or is there special hardware I need to find for this application?

Thanks!!! CG...........

·
At Work
1,801 Posts
Hit up Bikerbob, he should be able to tell you. Great guy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's called a pem-nut and it is pressed into the frame. Using a standard lock nut will work for a little while but will eventually fall out. You may need to contact a shop that has a lot of Titus parts on hand - as well as the know how to press a pem nut without damaging the chainstay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you point me to a thread with pics this bike is pretty new and we do not have allot miles on it but my son is the rider on this bike and I would hate to have any accidents because of this?

·
"Freakin Mountainbiker"
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found it impossible to order the specific size Pem Nut and the people at the new Titus never answered my e-mail. So Thanks to Super Bike Mike Engineering in Ft. Lauderdale he fabricated two press fit nuts for the swing arm. If anybody has the same issue you can contact him at [email protected]. he did the whole deal for 20 bucks installed!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
At Work
1,801 Posts
CarlosG said:
Found it impossible to order the specific size Pem Nut and the people at the new Titus never answered my e-mail. So Thanks to Super Bike Mike Engineering in Ft. Lauderdale he fabricated two press fit nuts for the swing arm. If anybody has the same issue you can contact him at [email protected]. he did the whole deal for 20 bucks installed!! :thumbsup:
Great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts