Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i sent them an email about 2 maybe three days ago. are there any others bikes i should check out? i just know i rode a switchblade before i enlisted and loved it, and the racer-x is a little more my riding style, very cross country with a rough stuff and jumps from time to time.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh trust me I am well aware of Titus' phone number, however given my current location, Iraq, I cannot easily access a phone to call them. Email however, is readily available. I am not worried I know I will hear back, they are terrific guys out there in Arizona.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I think carbon has come of age. Several manufacturers are using it in XC frames like GT, Trek, Specialized and Ibis to name a few. I would think that over long riding periods, the carbon's ability to dampen trail chatter would translate to less fatigue.

I think, however, that if you're a novice or near intermediate rider, the danger of damaging a carbon frame should be a consideration, though I have to admit, I've not seen or heard any reports of people crashing a frame and damaging it. But, thin aluminum walls are just as suseptible to damage as anything. And generally speaking, an Al dent is irreparable, too.

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
emailing Titus

aggiechad2005 said:
Oh trust me I am well aware of Titus' phone number, however given my current location, Iraq, I cannot easily access a phone to call them. Email however, is readily available. I am not worried I know I will hear back, they are terrific guys out there in Arizona.
Unless you write directly to one of the Titus reps, your email will end up in a huge inbox full of spam. I suggest you get one of their personal emails for a much faster response.
I hesitate to post them here, though. Then they would be spammed.
What's your question for Titus? How are the trails there?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
Unless you write directly to one of the Titus reps, your email will end up in a huge inbox full of spam. I suggest you get one of their personal emails for a much faster response.
I hesitate to post them here, though. Then they would be spammed.
What's your question for Titus? How are the trails there?
That is snobbish Customer Service. :eekster: I would never do business with a company that throws there email info's in the trash. Once i find out thats where I get sent thats the last time i will deal with them again, sorry for my snobbish response. :rolleyes:

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Not exactly

dogonfr said:
That is snobbish Customer Service. :eekster: I would never do business with a company that throws there email info's in the trash. Once i find out thats where I get sent thats the last time i will deal with them again, sorry for my snobbish response. :rolleyes:
What I meant to say is that their company emailbox gets lots of spam along with hundreds of requests for info (what size should I ride, do you have free stickers, which bike is better for me, can I buy one from the factory? etc.). So it's a task to weed through them and send timely responses back to the numerous questions.
I have the same issues but on a much smaller scale.
They don't throw your email in the trash, of course.

I can say that they have the best phone response from a bike company I've ever experienced. I always get a live response, eager to help, from whoever picks up the phone. I never feel rushed or asked to hold. Can't say the same of many other companies.
I hope you weren't being serious.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I hope you weren't being serious.
Yes i am, i deal with the same thing when i walk into work & fire up my computer. I dont believe they are getting 75 info's + when they walk in the door in the morning. I emailed Manitou July 2nd about a broken fork part, i received a reply July 3rd saying parts are in transit but no problem whats your mailing info. July 10 we emailed 3 times to verify model & part & the part is on the way. Please keep in mind this is a company moving from So. Cal to the East Coast. That is Customer Service! :drumroll: Honestly because of the move i didn't expect a answer till they were settled in & most likely the email would have been purged & that would have been a legitimate excuse to me. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.