Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have feedback on the Race Face Deus headset? How does it stck up against the mighty King? Its about half the price. Is it half the Headset?

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
Both great but.......

Theking can be rebuiltand made butterysmooth again. I have had a RFandit lasteda good 2years of abuse. Guess it depenneds what your putting it on.

Keep the rubber side down

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
I'd stick with king. They are a headset manufacturer that makes headsets. Race face is a crank manufacturer that also makes headsets.

My $.02...

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
How about the syncros hardcore headsets? They are like 35$ shipped on ebay, and supposedly as good as king. I'm getting one of em for my ss project.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Imagine that...
CK headset..warranty=10 years
CK hubs..warranty =5 years
CK bottom bracket??? ..warranty... 2 years???
well, since your RF bb's last only about a month each, a 2 year warranty would be sweet!
i'm pulling for you!

HUGH said:
I hope the race face head set bearings last longer in their head sets than they do in their bottom brackets!!!
Man I wish King made bottom brackets!!
HUGH :)

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Padre said:
Imagine that...
CK headset..warranty=10 years
CK hubs..warranty =5 years
CK bottom bracket??? ..warranty... 2 years???
well, since your RF bb's last only about a month each, a 2 year warranty would be sweet!
i'm pulling for you!
If a CK BB ever does come out, will it last as long as a phil wood? That is the question.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,421 Posts
King

Stick with the King. I find that I've never been sorry after buying the best equipment, but I invariably have second thoughts after settling for something less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts