Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just ordered the Raceface Next Sl cranks for 399.99 shipped from backcountry.com with code Save20. Couldn't pass it up! Not in stock right now but they said around the 20th of this month.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
$386 delivered is what I paid for my Next SL 1x with ring from Universal Cycles using their 15% coupon, but now everyone is out of stock other than Art's but they only have the 170mm.

Around the 20th of this month? Fingers crossed that is a real date and not a variation of "two weeks from now".

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great deal, and I need a new crankset, how convieint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your interested in a full 1x11 set up competitive cyclist has the xo1 chain,rear derailleur, trigger, and cassette for 730ish I believe with 90 dollars in credits and 15% coupon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
PULL
695 Posts
If you can find them "in stock" buy them. I paid a killer price and have been waiting many many weeks and still no eta.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your interested in a full 1x11 set up competitive cyclist has the xo1 chain,rear derailleur, trigger, and cassette for 730ish I believe with 90 dollars in credits and 15% coupon.

Check in with biker bob. Competitive pricing and very easy to do business with.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just picked up the same x01 setup from BikerBob. Pricing was $640 shipped

It's about the same with 90 dollars in credits which I'm using to get the easton xd drive for my Haven Wheels. But good deal from Bikerbob will have to contact him in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. I've had good luck with CC as well. Please post up how you like the x01 drivetrain and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
213 Posts
universal cycles has28t and 30t in stock. Not many though, I think 3-4 each. Use coupon code "springclassics15" for 15% off. I just got a 30t for $385.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
These are sweet cranks no doubt but are they really worth the price? About $100 more than xo1 cranks and maybe about 80g difference, if that.

·
There's always next year.
872 Posts
These are sweet cranks no doubt but are they really worth the price? About $100 more than xo1 cranks and maybe about 80g difference, if that.
When we're spending this much on cranks, I don't know that "worth" ends up in the conversation much. When I was looking at new cranks, I went with the NEXTSLs for the following reasons:
1) love RF products have have had great luck with everything I've run from them.
2) Made in Canada, in house.
3) Versatility. Run 1x, 2x, or 3x. One set of cranks can be run on pretty much ANY MTB out there with a BB change. Heck, you pick up the new spindle, and it can go on a fat bike. As far as I know, thats not possible with the Sram Cranks. You can also get super low rings (down to 26t?) I don't think you can that low with any of Sram's rings.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I have XT 2x10, XT 1x10, XX1, the Next SL 1x, S Works 1x and XTR 2x10. I can't tell a difference between any of them other than during the almighty weight scale battle and picking up my bike in the garage. With a clean chain and properly set up bike the crankset, in 1x and 2x, is never an issue. I take that back: the S Works crankset q factor is a bit tight on my Czar and therefore I notice the crankset each ride when it touches the chainstay under super hard steep grind sections. Really need to figure that out...

Considering an XT 785 can be had for about $120 brand new the $$$ cranks are hard to swallow unless you get a screaming deal; my S Works weighs night and day less and it was purchased for that screaming deal so it's "worth it" to me otherwise it's all about gearing options (the XO1, as stated, can't go less than 30T like the Next SL 1x and my S Works has nothing lower than a 32T direct mount as of right now).

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Yeah the Next are sweet. "Worth it" just depends on each person's wallet. But when I found out the Xx1 cranks could be used with direct mount rings the weight difference becomes negligible for me.

They sure are versatile too which makes them a bonus.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts