Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What on earth went down at Eldora that the results range from 13 minutes to 3 hours???? Did they stagger start times and then have weather prevent the running of the elite group around the full course? Or was the course so short that sub 1-hour times for finishing were expected???? Thank god I didn't make the trek all the way from NM for it! Yow. Except for missing the few MSC/MTBR locals I've met, and am yet to meet! (Bock, Ozone, Odaneil....)

Speaking of such, saw Ocky's write up, Bock? How'd the sport guys seem? How was the mid-sized loop or laps or whatever? What the heck happened with the elite fields(s)?

So many questions.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Misprint

No, everything ran surprisingly well, and don't let my report throw ya. It was a hammer fest since there wasn't a ton of climbing, in which case the top end in every division from Beginner up laid it on the line. There was much suffering from all out efforts, and some carnage. Just add 1 hour or in some cases 2-3, to the times and you get the picture. I saw it last night. It's more of an issure of Warriors not being able to get it straight... I think. :rolleyes: Hey they don't even have me on the list for my DNF

·
Registered
20 Posts
As I was driving down from the Eldora race I saw that a racer got struck by a car on Canyon near Boulder Falls. Does anyone know if he's OK or what happened? (This was not part of the course but he was just riding back to Boulder after).

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OdaNelli said:
No, everything ran surprisingly well, and don't let my report throw ya. It was a hammer fest since there wasn't a ton of climbing, in which case the top end in every division from Beginner up laid it on the line. There was much suffering from all out efforts, and some carnage. Just add 1 hour or in some cases 2-3, to the times and you get the picture. I saw it last night. It's more of an issure of Warriors not being able to get it straight... I think. :rolleyes: Hey they don't even have me on the list for my DNF
That was the other possibilty I figured, just seemed too consistent to be THAT big of a flub, but I'll just say "no comment" and wait-see what happens then.

I did laugh at the winning pro time of 13 minutes though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.