Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a race this past Saturday and broke my chain on the beginning of last lap, so I didn't finish. Didn't have a chain tool or those fix it links. I was in line for an eight place finish on a course that definitely didn't suit me; so I'll learn the hard way.

Sadly went back to the car and looked through my packet and there was a bunch of cool stuff in there:

1. Cycling socks with race series and race insignia on it. Nice memorabilia.
2. Clif Bar
3. This new Clif Recovery powder. One sample's worth.
4. Clif Shot Gel Packet
5. Clif Shot Blocks - 6 pieces
6. Can of Red Bull. Plus the Red Bull chicks will give out a few more at the race.
7. 20% off coupon for any Reynolds product at a local bike shop. (they are marketing their new MTB wheels).

This is really a function of the race director/organization, etc. What kind of stuff are you guys getting in your packets at your local series races??

As far as our local road races I've done. Jack nada, zero, zilch. One race three years ago gave us T-shirts.

BTW, I don't go to races for the garb, but it is sure a nice touch:) .

·
What It Be ?
890 Posts
:madman:

You suck. Our local races have nothing. We have had to pay for 2 of our tee shirts. They are trying to get some sponsers for next season.

We did the Bump And Grind race up in Biringham they gave us a tshirt a copy of dirt rag. As well as Subura and a couple others people where there so we got a bunch of free stuff.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I was just at a race today, and in my packet I had:
Hammer HEED packet (mandarin orange)
Hammer Gel (espresso)
Hammer Endurolytes sample
You see a trend here?
and... a Hammer catalog/flyer
Ohh, and some Industry Nine stickers.

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
SeanL said:
I was just at a race today, and in my packet I had:
Hammer HEED packet (mandarin orange)
Hammer Gel (espresso)
Hammer Endurolytes sample
You see a trend here?
and... a Hammer catalog/flyer
Ohh, and some Industry Nine stickers.
Me too....exactly the same packet....apparently we were at the same event ;)

Tanasi???

Me and my buds have done so many of the SERC events and hate the HEED...we were gonna save them up and give them as a prize for our local series...:D

-Boz

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
The SS Boz said:

Tanasi???

Me and my buds have done so many of the SERC events and hate the HEED...we were gonna save them up and give them as a prize for our local series...:D

-Boz
ooh ooh! i'll contribute. i have a huge jug of the HEED powder that i won at the Tsali 6 hr. i tried it once. yuck!! cant' stand the taste of the stuff.

you doing the 6/12 hr of Dauset race this weekend?

rt

·
Registered
487 Posts
The SS Boz said:

Tanasi???

-Boz
Yep, the Tanasi event.:)

I was glad they gave out a flavor of gel other than raspberry...I can't stand raspberry, and it seems like that's all they ever give out at races.:madman:

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
*rt* said:
ooh ooh! i'll contribute. i have a huge jug of the HEED powder that i won at the Tsali 6 hr. i tried it once. yuck!! cant' stand the taste of the stuff.

you doing the 6/12 hr of Dauset race this weekend?

rt
Send your HEED donations to: Jeff B...ugh.....nahh who am i kidding...its kinda like the christmas fruitcake reputation thing...i dont wanna pass it on

No dauset for me as much as i would like to go...i would like to ride/race it again and not in the MUD for once this year though :)

Im gonna be at Anniston in 2 weeks...gotta defend my first #1 SERC podium spot from Tanasi :D ...and collect more HEED!!!

-Boz

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
SeanL said:
Yep, the Tanasi event.:)

I was glad they gave out a flavor of gel other than raspberry...I can't stand raspberry, and it seems like that's all they ever give out at races.:madman:
raspberry is the only one i'll eat. they used to only give out banana. BLECH! :prft:

rt

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
The SS Boz said:
Send your HEED donations to: Jeff B...ugh.....nahh who am i kidding...its kinda like the christmas fruitcake reputation thing...i dont wanna pass it on

No dauset for me as much as i would like to go...i would like to ride/race it again and not in the MUD for once this year though :)

Im gonna be at Anniston in 2 weeks...gotta defend my first #1 SERC podium spot from Tanasi :D ...and collect more HEED!!!

-Boz
congrats on the top of the podium spot at Tanasi. that's a fun course. dunno if i'm going to be doing any more xc races this year. somehow falling on my face at bump left me unenthused about xc racing for a bit. actually, i like xc racing but i hate intensity training so maybe a few endurance races are on order till i'm ready to work hard again. :D

rt

G

·
I know races cost a lot to set up, but after a crappy race day it's even worse when your packet has nothing other than coupons, flyers for the next race, and more flyers. What gets me even more is that sometimes a race packet bag is the size of a garbage bag, but there are no items worth keeping in them. Just my $0.02 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.