Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
And if not, why not?
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about being the inspirator/organizor for an mtb xc race in my area. Is there anyone here with experience in this that I can ask a lot of stupid questions of? I know where I want to do it (ny state forrest land), I have a course in mind, and I may be able to get some support from a local shop. I really just don't know what I'm getting into with NORBA, insurance, etc.

·
Elsievo
57 Posts
I organized my first last year.
Tip 1: Get some good helpers, people who can organize and head up various aspects i.e. timing; aid station; course flagging and tear down; safety/sweeps; awards; amenities (showers, bike corral etc); kids race if you have one.
Definately get the local shop(s) on board, also court local health services for major sponsorship, up here we have two that sponsor two of our 3 races.
I don't know anything about NORBA as our race is designed for the masses and not so much elite racers.
If you have anything specific, email me at [email protected].
Marc
Great Deer Chase
last year's info at www.greatdeerchase.org hopefully this year's info in a couple of weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.