Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have continental race kings on my rocky trailhead. I commute 24 km a day, they are quiet and roll fast, but i want something faster. Its mainly paved, 2km is gravel and 2km is a packed dirt path. I put on about 1200 km last year in 3 months, this year im shooting for 6 months and will be riding 2400 km so i think my race kings will be toast anyways.

Would big apples or rubena city hoppers be that much faster? I dont plan on riding trails but can easily switch to the racekings when needed.

(Rubenas i can get on amazon canada and are dirt cheap. I want at least 2" for curbs and pot holes over 700c hybrid tires.)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Halo Twin Rails are a good option as well.
I have those in 26s already in the dual compound, havent tried them yet. I bought then before buying my 29.

Any idea where to get a set of them in canada with out paying an arm and a leg for shipping in 29?

I got 2 26s from chain reaction cycles for $84 to my door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have those in 26s already in the dual compound, havent tried them yet. I bought then before buying my 29.

Any idea where to get a set of them in canada with out paying an arm and a leg for shipping in 29?

I got 2 26s from chain reaction cycles for $84 to my door.
Outside Outfitters has them on sale for $37 a piece. They use USPS for Canadian shipments. It might be manageable, even with Priority shipping.

I just bought the black kevlars and love them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.