Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
You know, I've never raced before (and this is my first season on a bike). I have about 45 rides under my belt and I think I'm ready to try a beginner class race. I did the Sea Otter fun ride and that gave me a bit of a hint of what a XC race might be like. I might just make the trip up to try this one out... I'll try not to feel so bad if I come in last.

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CouchCanoodle said:
I'm thinkin' about it. Not sure if I wanna cough up $40 though (gotta buy that damn one-day license). What class are you racing in?
Actually up until Aug 7th, it's $30 + $5 for the one day license.

I'm racing beg-Mens for what ever age range covers me at 36.
I'm doing it for the fun of it.

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aussie Bob said:
I might be up to it , is their any sand at this one like Sea Otter
Not that I remember. I grew up in Napa and worked for a summer up in that area for a vineyard. It's all soil and trees. As to whether or not it's loose or what I couldn't tell you.
Nice to hear from you again Bob!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Wo0t!

Myself and a bunch of other TWW'rs will be there bright and early!!!

We'll be camping out up near there after racing BillyCross at Lake Sonoma on Saturday.

Woohoo!!! I'm looking forward to a weekend full of racing with mah buddies!

·
Paper or plastic?
10,298 Posts
So I rode it Saturday morning, and the place is pretty sweet. Tons of single and double track, with some technical sections (short but steep rocky and rutty downhill, that I walked). The place does not seem very big, but it was quite fun. I also noticed the altitude (1800').

Coolest feature is that most of the trails are shaded by trees, so it does not get as warm (it was 104 outside in St Helena in the sun Saturday afternoon).

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Technical

zorg said:
So I rode it Saturday morning, and the place is pretty sweet. Tons of single and double track, with some technical sections (short but steep rocky and rutty downhill, that I walked). The place does not seem very big, but it was quite fun. I also noticed the altitude (1800').

Coolest feature is that most of the trails are shaded by trees, so it does not get as warm (it was 104 outside in St Helena in the sun Saturday afternoon).
Is the section you walked followed by an immediate uphill that is also rocky?

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
STrackMike said:
http://www.puc.edu/Pioneers/HMC/

Who besides me is doing it?
(Apparently I am sick because I am paying to punish myself! :p)
I will be easy to find. I just got my mtbr jersey and shorts so, I'll be wearing those and riding a blue/silver Fisher Sugar3, grey helmet.

·
MTBR.com Addict
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
merlin said:
Is the section you walked followed by an immediate uphill that is also rocky?
Hey Merlin! How did you do? I believe that it was you that commented on my choice of jersey (mtbr)?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts