Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 36t, 11sp Turbine chainring with the intention of mating it to a 24t small ring on a 2x11 setup. However, the 36t ring says to only use it with a 26t ring. I've never seen that warning printed directly on the ring. Does anyone know if this is just a disclaimer for best shifting or am I risking something sinister by ignoring Race Face's warning? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
since 4/10/2009
34,312 Posts
I just purchased a 36t, 11sp Turbine chainring with the intention of mating it to a 24t small ring on a 2x11 setup. However, the 36t ring says to only use it with a 26t ring. I've never seen that warning printed directly on the ring. Does anyone know if this is just a disclaimer for best shifting or am I risking something sinister by ignoring Race Face's warning? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Race Face is basically just printing off the derailleur spec.

https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/deorext-m8000/FD-M8025-D.html

Note, the M8000 11spd 2x front derailleur is rated for a 10t gap. If it works at all, it's going to function suboptimally.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and Follow-up Info

Note, the M8000 11spd 2x front derailleur is rated for a 10t gap. If it works at all, it's going to function suboptimally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you for the info/peace of mind. I've been running a 22/38 on an XT FD with a friction thumbie without problems, so I think the 24/36 should be good. Seeing it actually printed on the ring gave me a little pause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.