Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
That's too bad. I'm still running one of their headsets and a crankset from years ago. I think they made good stuff. A sign of the times.

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Very sad news for me to hear. I've always loved their stuff! I really wonder what's going to happen with the name now though.

Clay

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Well that just plain ol' sux. :madman: I've been runnin Race Face ringz for as long as I been puttin new onez on my crankz.......sux. Somebody gotta step up & buy what'z left of'em.

·
Registered
17 Posts
NOOOOOOOO! I just bought a turbine crankset from them and love it. Hopefully someone buys the name and continues the same level of precision. Also sorry to hear so many people in the industry lose their jobs......Now we just wait for the sales.;)

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
TylerDCA said:
An interesting and promising quote:

Race Face officials met with creditors and its receiver today. Officials at Grant Thornton said they intend to dispose of Race Face as a single entity and may rehire back some essential employees to assist in the sale of the company.
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/5219.html
I'm reading: Shutting it down period. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It sounds like it...It also sounds like there is something more insidious going on behind the curtain as well. hopefully it pans out for the ex-employees and the loyal costumers, positively.

·
Registered
144 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
I'm reading: Shutting it down period. Am I missing something?
I'm reading dispose, as to mean: "We intend to sell the company as one unit as opposed to splitting it up and selling it piece by piece".

I hope that means that they intend to find a buyer for the Race Face name and operation.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
TylerDCA said:
I'm reading dispose, as to mean: "We intend to sell the company as one unit as opposed to splitting it up and selling it piece by piece".

I hope that means that they intend to find a buyer for the Race Face name and operation.
Lordy I hope yer right.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From the official press release:

The company will undoubtedly be sold to a new buyer, and the brand, as we know it today, will forever be changed but we are proud of the Race Face legacy and the impact it made on the mountain biking industry and community.
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Race-Face-The-Official-Press-Release.html

So it may live on in some way... but if its the way the Bontrager parts have lived on... well that just won't be the same.

·
Threading freely...
325 Posts
Looks like it's really over. Even the RF website went down today, it seems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was in the middle of exchanging emails to warranty my deus cranks arms on my nomadc when this happened last week. I was going to do a crash replacement with them and pay for an upgrade to the sixc....

haven't heard from them since the shutdown and tried calling but no one answers, guess i'm SOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts