Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
Race Face website claims 815g.

Either way they are great cranks! If you do get them, be sure to lock-tite the crank bolt and the chainring bolts. They tend to come loose over time. A bit of liquid plastic fixes this up right away!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
My 180s weigh 847 (max).

Just keep in mind you need to account for at least a few grams depending on how many of the spacers you need (between the BB shell and bearing cups). They're made of plastic and weight about 1 gram each.

·
Registered
970 Posts
my 175's weighed 833g, another set weighed 832g - if we keep going at that progression 170's should weigh about 817/818 and seeing as RF's claim is 815 I'd say that's pretty much spot on (well 2-3 g out if you want to get particular).

·
Registered
214 Posts
yep

I also have two sets my last one was 835 grams. I would say go with the black. The silver ones get a funky discoloration after a while. I think the only other thing that would be close for dollars to grams would be if you can find a deal on some of last years xtr I have seen some good deals out there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
804 grams

I forgot what mine were at first. Currently, with a cheap Action-Tec Ti inner 20 tooth and crank brothers middle and outer (which are the lightest cheap-and-easy-to-get rings I've found), I'm at 804 in silver 175s. Also running alloy outer bolts and OEM steel inners cause of my tiny granny that lets the chain touch the bolts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.