Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see this. The RF website shows the newest deus XC cranks at 870 grams. I certainly didn't expect them to go up!

·
Hack Racer
2,559 Posts
They changed the way the non drive side crank arm gets secured to the integrated spindle. You should also know that the 2008 cranks are made in asia now. Gone is the long standing tradition that Raceface are made in Canada. I guess it was sooner or later, hard to compete against asian mass production against a very expensive Canadian workforce.

Also the Deus crank is no longer their top crank. The carbon fibre version is the new top crank.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,913 Posts
What longstanding tradition?!? Raceface started moving to asian production with the Prodigy parts series oh, five or six years ago.

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
I still ride some '99 LPs and I love 'em. :) 850g incl. RF Ti BB and a 46T large ring.

...made in Canada.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a Race Face Deus Handle bar and Stem, they where both substantially heavier that Race face quotes on their website (Stem quoted as 125 weighed 155 for ex.)

·
Registered
288 Posts
We have a deus stem that weighs 133. not claimed, but still pretty good.

I'm a bit sad to see the old Deus go. I've got my 06/07 set which is gloves-off with XTR for weight. So I'm happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts