Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a simple/silly question, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Does the RF CINCH chainring system accept SRAM Direct Mount chainrings, and now Shimano HG+ 12 speed as well? Or is it just that CINCH chainrings are available in the various tooth profiles so you don't have to swap cranks to match the rest of the drivetrain. I think it's the latter.

Thanks.

·
since 4/10/2009
37,052 Posts
This might be a simple/silly question, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Does the RF CINCH chainring system accept SRAM Direct Mount chainrings, and now Shimano HG+ 12 speed as well? Or is it just that CINCH chainrings are available in the various tooth profiles so you don't have to swap cranks to match the rest of the drivetrain. I think it's the latter.

Thanks.
Ring DM interfaces are generally not cross-compatible.

You have to find rings that match the tooth profile and chainline you need. For a long time, RaceFace wasn't making rings that were compatible with HG+, so you had to go to aftermarket (like Wolftooth) to get them, but now they offer their own.

The best thing that RaceFace's direct mount chainrings offer are cheap steel rings. Also their rings use a slightly different offset than the aftermarket companies, so achieving specific chainlines might require RF's rings or aftermarket rings depending on what you're trying to achieve. I have personally used RF rings, Absolute Black, Wolftooth, and OneUp Components rings on my RF crankset.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I have Raceface DM chainrings and use SRAM shifting, gears and chains. Never an issue. So far I have used just 11 and 10 speed systems, but have no concern about using 12 speed. I have never tried the Shimano gears in years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.