Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
keepin' it rural
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i am disassembling and reassembling my Race Face Atlas X type BB to install and AJ's frame guard. this is the first time i've ever taken a BB apart. i try to do all of my repairs and are slowly learning the bigger stuff. i've downloaded the pdf from the Race Face site and it seams pretty straight forward. I just wanted to ask any advice or precautions from you experienced folk. there always seems to be something they never mention in the guide that makes it more complicated, the kind of stuff you just know from doing it. Any help or suggestions would be welcome...

thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have RF Evolve XC, but the x-type concept is the same. Not long ago was my first time taking it all apart too (needed to replace bearings and chainrings), so I was a bit nervous. No problems though, everything worked as advertised. I'm a fan of the x-type - makes maintenance very easy, IMHO.

I'm sure there are horror stories out there, but as long as you've read the manuals and have the right tools, you should be just fine.

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
summud said:
hello, i am disassembling and reassembling my Race Face Atlas X type BB to install and AJ's frame guard. this is the first time i've ever taken a BB apart. i try to do all of my repairs and are slowly learning the bigger stuff. i've downloaded the pdf from the Race Face site and it seams pretty straight forward. I just wanted to ask any advice or precautions from you experienced folk. there always seems to be something they never mention in the guide that makes it more complicated, the kind of stuff you just know from doing it. Any help or suggestions would be welcome...

thanks
Use torque wrenches when reassembling and make sure that the crankbolt and chainrings are torqued to spec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.