Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Race-Face Atlas cranks finally came out this week. Little beefier than the Deus for those who need a stronger crank but not a DH/FR crank. Weight is 960g complete, about 125g more than the Deus.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

Attachments

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flying Wombat said:
very nice looking cranks Larry, a couple of questions.
Do they also come in 2 ring bashgaurd setup?
What is the price?, I heard they were a little cheaper than the Deus or Diabolus
They are only coming in a 3-ring setup, at least for now. I haven't heard of any plans for them to do a 2-ring set. Price is exactly the same as the Deus.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
bikin said:
Anyone out there use the Atlas for any length of time? Please post your thoughts.
Just wanting to know if they'll hold up to a Clyde.
Ok. This is my initial review of the cranks as I have only put 25 miles on them since installing them Wednesday and doing a night ride on them Thursday. My weight is around 180lbs since I have laid off the weights.

The cranks are sweet. They feel good and look good(black!).

They were very easy to install. Thanks to Mike(owner) at Spin City Bikes in Roseville, CA for hooking me up(free stuff!) with the bottom bracket tool.

While on my ride and during my initial test ride after installation, I noticed that they are stiffer and smoother. At least it felt like it to me. I was running a set of Next LP's on my new Heckler.

I am currently running a three ring set up but am thinking about throwing on my E13 DRS and running a 36t/22t combo.

·
hands up who wants to die
1,405 Posts
nice cranks. I may have to get a set, but I wish they came w/o rings.
I don't use a big ring and don't like the quality of RF middle rings...

-rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.