Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I be offered some advice and get some opinions.

Do all mtn bike race organizers only offer registration with credit cards online or do you think that that ought to be the only way to register? Whatever happened to good old cash.

What would you do if you didn't have a credit card to register for a mtn bike race?
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
skihillguy said:
Can I be offered some advice and get some opinions.
Do all mtn bike race organizers only offer registration with credit cards online or do you think that that ought to be the only way to register? Whatever happened to good old cash.
What would you do if you didn't have a credit card to register for a mtn bike race?
Then you would send a check to the adress provided by the race orginizers :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a logical solution to most but the promoter just wants an online process without offering any other payment to those without credit cards

dogonfr said:
Then you would send a check to the adress provided by the race orginizers :eek:
 

·
It's about showing up.
Joined
·
12,738 Posts
Streamlining the process.

Electronic money is much easier to deal with. Do you have any idea how much of a thrash it is to produce a race? If one could remove handling cash and checks from it that would be one less thing to deal with. Same Day registration is a headache, too. There is enough to do without manning Registration Tables in the morning, dealing with forms, money, not to mention Licenses and waivers.
If a credit card were not an option perhaps a PayPal account would work.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
Electronic money is much easier to deal with. Do you have any idea how much of a thrash it is to produce a race? If one could remove handling cash and checks from it that would be one less thing to deal with. Same Day registration is a headache, too. There is enough to do without manning Registration Tables in the morning, dealing with forms, money, not to mention Licenses and waivers.
If a credit card were not an option perhaps a PayPal account would work.
ATM card if you have a bank account :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they were offering registration for the pro/elite category but not for anyone else. I would have even been willing to make the 45 min drive to go pay in person but the only payment options were VISA, Mastercard, and American Express
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
skihillguy said:
they were offering registration for the pro/elite category but not for anyone else. I would have even been willing to make the 45 min drive to go pay in person but the only payment options were VISA, Mastercard, and American Express
Do you have a ATM card?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top