Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forks- Secondhand Lyrik
Race - Chris King

The race basically drops straight down to the bottom. You can 'just' spin the race round at the base.

Do some steerers come with one thickness the whole way down? Looking at my Pikes- there is a definite 'belling'/thickening/step to the steerer in the last 1/4inch.

The steerer on the Lyrik doesnt look 'worn'- to close eye-inspection the same thickness looks consistent up the steerer (if this makes sense?)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eurika. I've just found another CK race. Tight when it reaches the last 1/4 inch. Its a very worn race. although wierdly the Pike forks have a very visible 'step' for the last part of the steerer.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I am not a fan of the CK for different reasons, but in my experience their crown races are definatley on the loose side. They also seem quite easy to bend and seem to stretch (noticably looser after instal/removal cycle.

FYI there are several press fit assembly adhesive compounds that are made for exaclty this sort of thing (as well as full sus frame bearings etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.