Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a Cat 1 XC racer from the Midwest and will be moving to Idaho in the Fall. I am wondering what people prefer to race out there. I currently race a 1x9 Superfly 29er. I know it's perfect for the foothills of Boise but don't know where any of the other races take place nor their terrain. Would the Superfly 100 be a better bike to race out west? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Not to be rude, but I think you might get more responses posting it in the Idaho forum. But if I have to give my two cents, I would say the Specialized Epic for a race bike cause I own one.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Tell you what. you move here, give me your old race bike and go find a perfect one.

I have only raced the closer to boise races and have been dreaming about getting a carbon HT, maybe in a 29". I currently race on a full suspension; it is more of a trail bike. I also ride a hard tail SS for training and fun and it is plenty for the race courses I've had it on.

I can't talk to the races further out of town as I have not ridden those courses. If anything, keep that bike and add a full suspension in the future if some of the courses will give you enough advantage from it.

Idaho sucks. Don't move here. not many jobs. Boise foothills are just dirt sidewalks. Move along and find somewhere better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.