Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice! I'm going to be heading out there again this weekend to do the loop starting at Boat Ramp and going counter clockwise around for the first time. Hopefully the heat won't be as bad and this rain we are suppose to get will help out with the loose dirt situation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I'm going to be heading out there again this weekend to do the loop starting at Boat Ramp and going counter clockwise around for the first time. Hopefully the heat won't be as bad and this rain we are suppose to get will help out with the loose dirt situation.
That's definitely the best direction! Yeah it'll help kinda clump some of that rock sand up and maybe not be so loose and slippery!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats what the local facebook group recommended as far as direction. So far I have only done the east overlook all the way down and through the small intestine and back out. I am just worried about that massive climb right off the start.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what the local facebook group recommended as far as direction. So far I have only done the east overlook all the way down and through the small intestine and back out. I am just worried about that massive climb right off the start.
It's really not terrible. You'll walk the switchbacks, but Everyone does. On the heat thing, I started out at 3:15 in the afternoon so it was just really hot and high sun. It was pretty brutal.

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
One of my favorite loops there if I can’t find someone to shuttle with is to start at the parking lot halfway to the top - it ties into live wire at the 1 to 2 split. It’s not a bad climb up from there at all, then you can do all the top you want to, and finish with that run back down. Usually it’s pretty easy to find someone to shuttle with though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.