Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:madman: Hello fellow bikers,

recently i watched a vid. clip of bikers doing sort of a super bunnyhop, what they would do is bring there front wheel up off the ground, then they would hop there back wheel up onto the ledge they wanted to end on, i have tried it many times (on a jamis full suspesion) and seem to have no such luck, is there something im missing here, a secret perhaps, or maybe a hint from the "pro's" to actually succedding in balancing or hopping on my back wheel, because i already messed up a wrist and knee on it, im willing to put in the time, but a little help would not hurt.

Thanks for the view,
Cam Sweet

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
snaky69 said:
That sounds like a regular run of the mill bunny hop. But those are a pain in the ass on a full suspension, I can hop about 35'' but on a full suspension rig I'm happy if I can get it 5'' high.
word...just pull the bars up lean back, then spring up like a mother F*cker pushing your bars forward while you do

·
Registered
150 Posts
snaky69 said:
That sounds like a regular run of the mill bunny hop. But those are a pain in the ass on a full suspension, I can hop about 35'' but on a full suspension rig I'm happy if I can get it 5'' high.
he might be talking about hopping from a manual?

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Sounds to me like he is describing a trials move, back wheel hop onto or a ledge or perhaps a pedal kick. Sw- are you talking about pulling back and getting onto the back wheel, hopping onto the ledge and landing again without rolling? Hopping in place?

If so, check out www.biketrials.com.

If not, then bg is right, I think you are talking about bunnyhopping into a manual or an abubaca.

:confused:

JMH

bgmtbiker said:
he might be talking about hopping from a manual?

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Re-reading it, it definitely sounds like a pedal-kick. Search around on youtube, I think there are a few portions of Ryan Leech's the art of trials when he gives a nice tutorials about such things. Keep in mind though, a full suspension is not the right tool for the job for trials moves, either lock out your shock(I'm not responsible of any damage done to it if you land hard while having it locked out) or use another bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
snaky69 said:
...it definitely sounds like a pedal-kick...
I would have to agree, it sounds like a surge/pedal-kick...or a 'japslap'. It's definitely in the domain of trials.

Here's a site that has a lot of videos on trial moves:

http://www.trials-online.com/the-videos.php

Plus, the site itself has some tutorials and such.

It's harder to do trials on a FS due to the need to power off the rear, but I've seen it done.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.