Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AZ Access Advocates: Have any of you dealt with U.S. Rep. Raúl Grijalva (Chairman of the Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands)?

And have you heard of the letter he is getting signatures for???

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a little off topic, but 6-60-6 why does "Jacked on Java & Nicotine" remind me of "coffee, cigarettes, and donuts" ala Fishbone???

And yeah...I was wondering what y'all thought about this, seein' Raul is from Az.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
latedropbob said:
that is super lame...we need to counter-act this retardedness.
Copy and paste.

I am writing to ask you to reject a request from U.S. Rep. Raúl Grijalva to sign his "Dear Colleague" letter. The letter calls for the Forest Service to manage Recommended Wilderness like Wilderness, including a blanket ban on mountain biking.

While the intention of the Grijalva letter is to halt uses that damage national forests -- such as logging, mining, road building and motorized vehicle traffic -- it needlessly includes mountain biking in an accompanying list of incompatible uses. Forest Service regulations are very clear, existing uses may continue as long as they don't impair the land for future designation. (FSM 1923.03)

I am asking that you only sign the letter if it is amended with the following language:
"Mountain bicycling may continue where currently permitted, pending a Wilderness designation. Such a designation can only be made by the Congress."

Thank you,
Yuri B

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
Out of all the other problems in this country...

I would have chosen outlawing skinny jeans on dudes within the continental U.S. instead... MUCH MORE DEVESTATING.

and....

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
longhairmike said:
thats amazing that a govt employee would be working today.
Even the fried chicken place by me was closed for MLK day. bastards sent me an email coupon good today only and then they weren't open...
Sorry, but that was GD hilarious. Sounded like Chris Tucker in my head.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Called his office to leave a message and his outgoing message has not been changed since before the New Year. Government elected officials should be lynched old west style!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.