Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm out - I'm a TiSexual.

I recently picked up a Ti 26" Hardtail that I built up as a SS with Ti bars and a Ti seatpost. I find myself searching mtbr and ebaah Daily for a Ti stem. Also, I have a 26" Ti FS with a Ti Seatpost hanging in the Garage and I am having a Ti 29er SS built.

Previous Ti possessions included a YBB and Ti stems and bars. I believe selling these items could be the roots of my TiSexuality.

Is there a cure for my Ti obsession ? Is it Carbon or ExoGrid ?

Oh for the Love of Pete is there even a Cure?

I believe that my condition is minor compared to others and may be curable, But I would like to here from others that may suffer from this genetic(?) disease.

G

·
warning

it can get worse with time, leading to TiSexual Carbonfiberosis.
Exogrid sounds like a sure fire precursor

Signs may also include an obsessive amount of time spent
weighing bike parts on a fully calibrated Toledo digital scale

I suffered a round years ago with a ti roadie & Campy record shifter bits

Good Luck Sir :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is an Illness which needs treatment.

The remedy is plain and simple my friends:
STEEL

·
Registered
853 Posts
TamJunkie said:
STEEL
Lets see, same ride quality, but heavier, corrosion-prone, and cheaper. Mmmm, no. With the exception of a fine fillet brazed frame (which negates the "cheaper" attribute), steel has nothing on Ti.

And before someone jumps down my throat, all but one and a half of my bikes are steel, and yes, I do love them, but steel is no ti.

No, there is no cure for tisexuality. It is not something to be cured. Tisexuals are not made, it's something people are born predisposed to. Accept your nature. It's okay, there are others like you living constructive, healthy and fulfilling lives. Don't let the religious zealots get you down.

...if you were closer, I'd extend you an invite to our superswingin tisexual Roman orgy.

G

·
i am a closet tisexual.

i keep my tibits hidden in fantastic places, like brake rotor bolts and axle skewers. :D

some day i hope to come out of the closet and own a fabulous custom tibike. until then my tiawanese steel and <gulp> aluminum bikes will just have to suffice.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
I used to be a Ti'Ho, but I am now reformed.......I only allow myself to have the frame in that magic metal........Slowly, but surely I am on my way to recovery......:)

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Never had a Ti MTB but I love the ride of my fully butted Ti Roadie (Lemond Victorrie '03). I am sure there are many lighter but the Ti compliance is perfect for my 40 years and 160 lbs.

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
Yes I Am!

I have had 2 Titanium mountain bike frames. The first was an 18 inch Litespeed Unicoi that I picked up for a grand, rode for 2 years and sold for $500.00. After selling the Unicoi I just could not get Ti out of my head. In July 2004 I bought a 19inch Epic Synergy and rode it hard for 2 years.

I recently sold the frame to a friend but before the money changed hands we found a crack in it. Now the frame is about to shipped off for warranty repair. I have had some dreams about the frame since and I think the right choice would be for me to just keep it!

I love the ride of Ti frames and they have both taken me on some long great epics. I just have to keep telling myself that it is indeed ok to have 2 complete bikes. To keep things in order I will be turning the Ti into a singlespeed so I can justify it to myself. Ohhhh, ahhhh a sub 22lb Ti singlespeed with 2.4 tires......I think I am falling in love again.....
db:cool:

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
TamJunkie said:
STEEL
fsp said:
Lets see, same ride quality, but heavier, corrosion-prone, and cheaper. Mmmm, no. With the exception of a fine fillet brazed frame (which negates the "cheaper" attribute), steel has nothing on Ti.

And before someone jumps down my throat, all but one and a half of my bikes are steel, and yes, I do love them, but steel is no ti.

Not jumping down your throat.... Just relaying my experience.

I went from a Steel IF to a Ti IF, and here are my thoughts.....

The Ti bike lacks character. Character of ride, and character of colour. Compared to the steel bike, the Ti bike feels almost (small d) dead. It is just not as lively as steel. I do not find the ride quality to be the same.

I am a sucker for a good paint job. My wife now has my steel bike....

Attachments

·
2,856 Posts
BikeMojo said:
The Ti bike lacks character. Character of ride, and character of colour. Compared to the steel bike, the Ti bike feels almost (small d) dead. It is just not as lively as steel. I do not find the ride quality to be the same.
My other favorite bike is steel and it is so nice!!

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
bi-TiSexual

since i've owned 2 ti frames and numerous ti parts i guess that qualifies me as bi-tisexual.

former owner of a ti Dean Ace 3

man, i hated that bike

and current owner of a custom ti Racer X. :)

oh, and a few other ti parts here and there: syncros ti roadie seatpost, dura ace 12-23 cassette (sooo pretty), and various other ti bits and pieces.

rt

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
*rt* said:
that qualifies me as bi-tisexual.

rt
I've heard that experimentation in College really doesn't count.

Nice seatpost.

I don't think I own a single Ti item. Maybe a skewer, or whatever Ti bolts come with XTR, but I am almost entirely AL or Steel - minus a carbon flatbar.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
forkboy said:
I've heard that experimentation in College really doesn't count.

Nice seatpost.

I don't think I own a single Ti item. Maybe a skewer, or whatever Ti bolts come with XTR, but I am almost entirely AL or Steel - minus a carbon flatbar.
you keep telling yourself that.

so, i guess you would be considered not-tisexual?

rt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts