Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zachdank said:
that sucks a$$. why?
I don't know.

Maybe one of the neighbors that said they were cool were no longer cool with them...

Maybe the city was getting ready to clear the brush- but were too lazy to go around them-even though I told the neighbors I would clear the brush prior top the dead line.

I also offered to the neighbors that I would tear them down myself if they had problems.

Here's Alloy hittin' the bowl...

Attachments

·
Renegade of Krunk
603 Posts
Man that is crap :(

The only way too keep a good jump spot in one piece is to either a) Own the land or b) have a friend who rides with a lot of land to build on.

Sucks to hear about that man,

·
Registered
234 Posts
that sucks ass!

how long did you have them? they look really cool.

i had an 8 pack of 6 ft tall jumps, they lasted for two days, they got plowed, then i rebuilt them, had em for a week in a half, then they got plowed again, then i rebuilt them into a 10 pack and bigger, had them for 3 weeks, then they got plowed, then i tried to rebuild them and then the owner threatened to sue me, a cop put it on my record. then i backed off. built some other jumps in a secret place, then they got plowed, so know im lookin for some open fields..... moral of the story:THE SYSTEM IS GAY !!!

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,878 Posts
Jake I know how you feel. I wanted to take a gun a shoot this guy who plowed my jumps. The city would be different. I am so sorry for you. You had a great place there and you put in so much work. That what kills the most. I will buy you a beer next time. My deepest condols

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Jake I know how you feel. I wanted to take a gun a shoot this guy who plowed my jumps. The city would be different. I am so sorry for you. You had a great place there and you put in so much work. That what kills the most. I will buy you a beer next time. My deepest condols
I don't feel that bad... I'm motivated to ride, and dig. I just need to find a way to purchase my own land so nobody can take it away. There are other places to ride... It was just nice because it was right by my house and easy.

It's a re-post on these photos but here's version 2 of Revenge of The Kiddie Line. It was finished up about 10 days ago. First hit was a step down... pictures don't do the gap justice... Second jump was hip- also quite large...

Alloy got to hit it up on 2 different sessions... I got to take it on for one session...

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
Roaming Oregon said:
I don't feel that bad... I'm motivated to ride, and dig. I just need to find a way to purchase my own land so nobody can take it away. There are other places to ride... It was just nice because it was right by my house and easy.

It's a re-post on these photos but here's version 2 of Revenge of The Kiddie Line. It was finished up about 10 days ago. First hit was a step down... pictures don't do the gap justice... Second jump was hip- also quite large...

Alloy got to hit it up on 2 different sessions... I got to take it on for one session...
I think I would cry if those were my jumps and they were getting plowed. Suxorz X 10,000

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
that looks soo fun...

too bad they got plowed... go back tomorrow and build one jump... the next day, it it's not plowed, build another etc... show your determination... get a bunch of riders to help you...

you might be able to get the same thing back (just a bit smaller)... try. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bummer man, I was looking forward to early evening sessions over the summer. Oh well. And I never did get to try, or more realistic, watch you guys try the new line.

Edit:

Oh, and all my pics are at home or have already been posted here.

·
where's the kick stand?
673 Posts
that totally sucks man, when I first saw those it made me want some dirt jumps, so I found a spot and started digging. our first line should be done soon. my jumps are a tribute to you and your work man, I'll dig extra hard today. I'll drain a 40 (of soda ;) ) for the fallen jumps.

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,486 Posts
madmax said:
that totally sucks man, when I first saw those it made me want some dirt jumps, so I found a spot and started digging. our first line should be done soon. my jumps are a tribute to you and your work man, I'll dig extra hard today. I'll drain a 40 (of soda ;) ) for the fallen jumps.
Right on,

our jumps are scheduled to be plowed April 14th...

We rebuild the next week, the city plows it every 'earth day' which makes no frickin' sense... but we have had some GREAT sessions there, and digging is fun for me, the other dudes get to dig more, but... I try and get down there and throw dirt whenever I can. My holmies usually just tell me to ride because they know I am short for time... they're good dudes.

Anyway, that spot should have 'something' for ya this summer Roamer...

I sprained my thumb there 2 days ago...

awww the thumb, that which seperates us from lower primal life froms, SOOOO usefel and cool. Pretty swollen... I'm on the road bike for at least a week it looks like. All good... kinda miss the road bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.