Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or does MBA mag just have a "thing" against Hutchinson tubed tires? The lastest issue reviews a bike with Hutchinson (Bulldogs, I think), and states that it is the first Hutchinson tubed tire that they haven't flatted with in the first hour of riding. I have a set of Hutchinson tires, but now I'm having doubts about how they will hold up. Have been running an old set of Conti's with no flat problems, but they starting to wear and will need replacing soon.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Dave B said:
Or does MBA mag just have a "thing" against Hutchinson tubed tires? The lastest issue reviews a bike with Hutchinson (Bulldogs, I think), and states that it is the first Hutchinson tubed tire that they haven't flatted with in the first hour of riding. I have a set of Hutchinson tires, but now I'm having doubts about how they will hold up. Have been running an old set of Conti's with no flat problems, but they starting to wear and will need replacing soon.
Yes, MBA probably does have a "thing" against Hutchinson tires. I love the tires. Few flats. No casing issues.

I have more pinch flats with Contis than any other brand but that just seems to be me.

MBA definitely has a "thing" for Spec Roll-X tires. Their opinion of them is the opposite of most of the riders on this board.

·
Registered
832 Posts
MBA strikes me as being the Motor Trend of mountain bike mags. That being, they LOVE products from companies that advertise heavily in their mag, and are less than enthusiastic about those that don't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.