Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we ended up riding tonight, even with the threat of rain. Ended up being a badass ride, until we decided to hit the Qwest building. If you have riden there, you know you only get one shot at it. After that the SUper Security Squad is all over you. So we bombed the escalator. Josh hit it so hard that it ended up tripping the breaker and it shut off. Security came running after us, but we didn't run. With Josh's recent encounter with pepper spray and a security guard (assault charges were filed), he wasn't about to back down. It actually had nothing to do with urban, just a Security guard, over-abusing power. Some comments were made about communism, or something to that effect. Well Super Security Squad didn't like it (please note, we were on public property at this point). They ended up calling the police.

So we ended up being stalked by 3 of Denver's finest. We decided to chill out for a little bit by the Bank One tower, being incogneeto (sp?). Well, that just gave the Denver PD time to deploy the bike goon cops (not in association with the FR Goon Squad). So we looked at eachother, said "meet at the Cap" and all split. Everyone made it there okay, but they were on the lookout. Security is well aware of our Sunday rides. So if you guys end up ripping the streets on a Sunday night, beware.....THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

We didn't go out to be hooligans or anything to that sort. Please don't flame me for this thread. The ride was actually excellent. Josh cleared the tranny of a 20 double set, which was impecable. We are actually going to invest in a cape for him. Photos will come on next weeks ride, even a video if I can find someone to host.

We're all gonna be out on Saturday still if anyone wants to join, post-party will follow.

Cheers,
Eric

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,875 Posts
As for those security guards - I've got a feeling you made their night. Chasing people on bikes and skate boards has to be a bit more fun than riding elevators, watching video monitors and time stamping. I'll bet they will be talking about you all week.

mtnbike24_7 said:
After that the SUper Security Squad is all over you.

So we ended up being stalked by 3 of Denver's finest.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loudpawlz said:
As for those security guards - I've got a feeling you made their night. Chasing people on bikes and skate boards has to be a bit more fun than riding elevators, watching video monitors and time stamping. I'll bet they will be talking about you all week.
Yeah, no kidding. It's sad that people get their jollies off of harrassing riders...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
mtnbike24_7 said:
Yeah, no kidding. It's sad that people get their jollies off of harrassing riders...
I dont know, if I were in there shoes (ya know, after being rejected by all REAL law enforcement agencies hundreds of times and never really having any true luck with the ladies, and having among the most boring dead end jobs imaginable) I think I would do the same thing

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DanD said:
I dont know, if I were in there shoes (ya know, after being rejected by all REAL law enforcement agencies hundreds of times and never really having any true luck with the ladies, and having among the most boring dead end jobs imaginable) I think I would do the same thing
Haha. Very true. We got yelled at by security at the Denver Post building. HE yelled at us then goes 'don't you work at the Tech Center?'. The security guard there was part time security at the building where I work at. It's funny everytime I walk by him now, especially since there is a loading dock outside my office that I wanna drop.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Glad I missed that one...being the "newbie" I would have ended up in 5 points not Civic center. So, what's the new day/time now?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gigamanx said:
Glad I missed that one...being the "newbie" I would have ended up in 5 points not Civic center. So, what's the new day/time now?
Well, there is always a SUnday afternoon ride. As for sunday nights, i'm not real sure anymore.....

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Eric, just go for an unsuspecting week and have it in rotations. For instance start out sunday afternoon for one week, then next week monday night, then next week thursday night, then next week tuesday night and so on. Just mix it up so that you're never really predictable enough for them to already be there.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hasha

COmtbiker12 said:
Eric, just go for an unsuspecting week and have it in rotations. For instance start out sunday afternoon for one week, then next week monday night, then next week thursday night, then next week tuesday night and so on. Just mix it up so that you're never really predictable enough for them to already be there.....

Geez, Tony. I wish I woulda thought about that. Your a smat little whipersnapper.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
*brushs off shoulders*, yep.....I know

lol, jk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts