Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm looking at getting a custom steel road bike and have been looking hard at Quiring. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from his mountain bikes on here! Right now I've got 4 builders on my short list, Curtlo (maybe not -wait too long, too hard to reach), Rock Lobster, Quiring, and Strong (a little above my price limit of $1k). I'm making up a list of questions and then I'm going to start calling them all after I get a couple more items sold to raise funds.

One thing I'm going to ask is what the stock fee includes paintwise (decals under clear, one color, etc). I was just wondering, especially J-RAD, was there an upcharge for that paint job because it is spectacular!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TACSTS said:
I'm looking at getting a custom steel road bike and have been looking hard at Quiring. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from his mountain bikes on here! Right now I've got 4 builders on my short list, Curtlo (maybe not -wait too long, too hard to reach), Rock Lobster, Quiring, and Strong (a little above my price limit of $1k). I'm making up a list of questions and then I'm going to start calling them all after I get a couple more items sold to raise funds.

One thing I'm going to ask is what the stock fee includes paintwise (decals under clear, one color, etc). I was just wondering, especially J-RAD, was there an upcharge for that paint job because it is spectacular!
All I can tell you is that Scott is a great guy to deal with and the frame/fork/stem that he made for me was very reasonably priced. Scott is a very enthusiastic cyclist and has a great understanding of what his customer is looking for when he sets out to design, fab, and paint your frame. I believe all of his painted frames will have the decals under a clearcoat with the exception of some of the Ti stuff which he has done up really nice with some clever media blasting. Even if you are not making your decision right away, you should still give him a call or email and I am sure he would be happy to answer your questions. He is very easy going and genuinely likes to talk bikes! :)

·
In the rear with the gear
489 Posts
Do any of the customer frames include a bottleopener?

Here is my $1400 bottleopener! Funny thing about it, I just got a fridge from the inlaws that has been redesignated as my beer fridge and my Q Ball sits directly across from it so the built in bottle opener gets alot of use!

Attachments

·
Always Learning
9,593 Posts
Green Giant AC said:
Do any of the customer frames include a bottleopener?

Here is my $1400 bottleopener! Funny thing about it, I just got a fridge from the inlaws that has been redesignated as my beer fridge and my Q Ball sits directly across from it so the built in bottle opener gets alot of use!
If my beer isn't twist off - I don't drink it.:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
here is a pic of my newly build Qball :

First one one this side of atlantic, but it was a pleasure to deal with scott by phone to settle the shipping things :thumbsup:

first 29" for me, but even i'm not on the tall side (5'9), very pleased with the handling. I need to push myself further than i used to do with my 26er, as lateral grip is amazing (big wheel, maxxis tires, who kowns :confused: )
the bad thing is that a start to think what can it be improved in a custom frame, from scott of course :thumbsup:
am I a bike whore :p

the build :
Qball & Qstick frame and fork
Thomson stem and seatpost, WTB saddle, S8 headset
Turbine and taperlock race face crankset, time pedals, middleburn ring
WI eno disk hub/18T FW/DT comp/DD29"/maxxis ignitor
Juicy Five brakes

this weekend in the south east of France :

50km of pure singlestrack fun...

·
Cassoulet forever !
2,260 Posts
mosquitos said:
here is a pic of my newly build Qball :

First one one this side of atlantic, but it was a pleasure to deal with scott by phone to settle the shipping things :thumbsup:

first 29" for me, but even i'm not on the tall side (5'9), very pleased with the handling. I need to push myself further than i used to do with my 26er, as lateral grip is amazing (big wheel, maxxis tires, who kowns :confused: )
the bad thing is that a start to think what can it be improved in a custom frame, from scott of course :thumbsup:
am I a bike whore :p

the build :
Qball & Qstick frame and fork
Thomson stem and seatpost, WTB saddle, S8 headset
Turbine and taperlock race face crankset, time pedals, middleburn ring
WI eno disk hub/18T FW/DT comp/DD29"/maxxis ignitor
Juicy Five brakes

this weekend in the south east of France :

50km of pure singlestrack fun...
Mosquitos, first class publicity for Quiring in France :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.