Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I asked Feather River Outdoors this question last year, and they suggested this spot:
39.99031, -120.91570

I never checked it out.

I would *not* suggest Spanish Creek Campground -- an extremely loud train passes by several times a night right next to camp. It does have a nice swimming hole though, also open for day use.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My wife has family in the area and we've camped all around there for the last 25+ years. My favorite areas aren't particularly convenient for downtown Quincy/Mt Hough, but are much more pleasant if you want to do some non-MTB hiking/recreating on the side. If you don't mind a half hour drive to town you could try Silver Lake CG on the far side of Meadow Valley(39.9590, -121.135).

·
Registered
196 Posts
My wife has family in the area and we've camped all around there for the last 25+ years. My favorite areas aren't particularly convenient for downtown Quincy/Mt Hough, but are much more pleasant if you want to do some non-MTB hiking/recreating on the side. If you don't mind a half hour drive to town you could try Silver Lake CG on the far side of Meadow Valley(39.9590, -121.135).
Talked to someone who camped there, said it was an awesome spot. I'm keeping it for next time I head up that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was in Quincy for the 4th of July. I camped at the top of Mt Hough in the meadow just below where the Yuba shuttle drops off. If you have 4wd you can drop down to crystal lake. There is a nice spot about halfway down to the lake, and one spot one the lake. Both were already taken when I was up there. These spots will take you 45mins to get to from town, so they are a commitment

The guys at Yuba also recommended two other spots:
1) Oakland Feather River Camp: this is a campsite, not dispersed
2) Take Bucks Lakes road out of town toward Bucks Lake, turn left on Slate Creek road. There are supposedly plenty of dispersed spots back off Slate Creek road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.