Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fraid of heights
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats only a few hours from Albuquerque, that won't be covered in snow right now?

I have tomorrow off, but I'm telling family and friends that I have to work! :) :) :)

So that means I have the day to myself to go ride, and I want to try and do one of those life afirirming totally kick ass rides. ( but somewhere other than Sandia, love it up there, but change is good :) But dude is it windy today, and it says it won't be tomorrow...but I'm thinking this much wind won't just disapear. So I would rather ride somewhere that has some wind coverage like canyons and such. But the only places I know to go in the winter are white mesa. And from the pics I've seen, and some of the comments I've read. I was worried it was to open and therefore subject to being ravaged by these here windy conditions...

So any riding suggestions would be GREATLY apreciated!!!! :)

PS, I love tough techy trails, I may not be in great shape, but I would rather do something fairly hard and take breaks/hike sections, than do something easy...

Thanks

·
Hey, wait up!
1,542 Posts
stiingya said:
Thats only a few hours from Albuquerque, that won't be covered in snow right now?

I have tomorrow off, but I'm telling family and friends that I have to work! :) :) :)

So that means I have the day to myself to go ride, and I want to try and do one of those life afirirming totally kick ass rides. ( but somewhere other than Sandia, love it up there, but change is good :) But dude is it windy today, and it says it won't be tomorrow...but I'm thinking this much wind won't just disapear. So I would rather ride somewhere that has some wind coverage like canyons and such. But the only places I know to go in the winter are white mesa. And from the pics I've seen, and some of the comments I've read. I was worried it was to open and therefore subject to being ravaged by these here windy conditions...

PS, I love tough techy trails, I may not be in great shape, but I would rather do something fairly hard and take breaks/hike sections, than do something easy...

Thanks
no snow in cruces :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
stiingya said:

Thanks
Uncharecteristically dry here in Santa Fe. Been punishing myself with some friends climbing Atalya in the mornings lately.... A tough, technical, grind of a climb to the top that will make you cry UNCLE but then reward the willing rider with an insanely fun technical descent. The upper trails (off Winsor; Chamisa, Borrego/Bear Wallow, Big T, etc...) are pretty dry and just have a bit of ice here and there - but are fun with the creek crossings frozen over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.