Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just got a set of SRAM 9.0 V-Brakes ( levers, brakes, wires, etc.. ) and after looking over the directions, they don't seem very detailed... This will be my first ever installation, but I figure it shouldn't be hard to install and would be a good learning experience.

Any general quick tips before I start installing them later today? Any websites out there with tips too on bike upgrades/etc?

Thanks a lot,

Daniel

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
parktools.com
sheldonbrown.com
utahmountainbiking.com

I'm sure there are others too. Do a google search and you will find them.

Good luck, allow extra time and no interruptions and you'll be fine. If you have an "assembled" bike to use as a model, keep it close by.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Make sure to grease your stanchions (the cyclinders sticking out of the frame that the levers slide on to) before you assemble. I forgot to do this and my brakes were a bit sticky. Work on one brake set at a time so you don't have bunch of parts laying around.

If you don't have a cable housing cutter, a Dremel tool with cutting wheel works pretty good. You'll need a thick pin or small nail to ream the hole in the end after cutting.

Like bmateo says, take your time and eliminate distractions and you'll be fine. If you try to rush this job it's a chore. If you take the time to see how things go together and get them dialed in it's kind of fun. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.