Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I use the Thule Matchmaker on the website and select the Rapid Aero system it automatically chooses the 43" Rapid Aero bars for me. There are 2 other choices, one being the 47". I would assume the 43" bars fit flush with the feet and no other parts stick out. Would it be possible to fit the 47" on my car? It's a 2003 Civic 4dr.

Thanks!

G

·
What do you mean fit flush? They are quiet sticking out. The mounting part, however, has limited length(approx 10", if I'm not mistaken) and longer bars may not fit. I suggest you go and ask thule customer support, they are very helpful. There is a chance a 47" may fit your car, if mounting section of a bar is long enough.
Here is a pic of my Impreza with 47" bars. Your civic is not too much different in dimensions(Impreza width is 68.5, Civic is 67.7)

Might work.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered the rack through my store today and got the 43" bars. We'll see how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.